ST Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Goyo, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Senshu likes this.
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Champions
    PRIORITY (Will be solved in next NEXT Patch)
    Beasts & Boost

Arctic Turtle

RedScarlet
    Add Ally: FS to upgrades (because flavour)
    Blizzard Elemental
    GrabielQ
    Swap Arctic Flight with Flight
    Swap Elemental Fortitude with Orb of Frostfall
    Upgrade A {Snow Blast, Snow-Fall 1, Snow-Fall 2}
    Upgrade B {Wind Aura, Gale, Shroud}
    Crystal Mastodon
    ProR2D2
    Remove Impairing Feedback
    Add Arctic Bolt
    s4ndm4n
    Remove Impairing Feedback
    Add Arctic Bolt
    Upgrade A {Endless Devotion, Frost Acolyte, Domain: Snow}
    Upgrade B {Draining Luminescence, Hold the Line}
    Crystal Wolverine
    mynamehood
    Rend overlaps with Eviscerating Luminiscence
    Upgrade A {Pounce 1/2/3}

Ferren Assassin
    Pedeguerra
    Remove Nohkan Do
    Add Deploy Snow Trap on base

Frostwing Glaive
    Kingjad
    Increase it's range to 1-4
    Remove Counter-Attack Range
    Add Bravery to base
    Entrepidus
    Increase it's range to 1-3
    Remove Counter-Attack Range
    Add Bravery to base
    Upgrade A {Dodge (1), Evasive (2), Swoop}

Frost Wolf
    GabrielQ
    Swap Declare Hunted with Frost Cone (3)
    Upgrade B {Detection 2, Leverage Beast, Declare Hunted}

Ice Caster
    Dedicated Thread
    Amp: Frost back.
    Dedicated Thred
    New abilities suggestions.
    Ice Dragon
    PurpleTop
    Detection and Frost Amp candidate.
    s4ndm4n
    Add Frost Amp to base
    Range to 2-3 / 3-4

Lonx Beast Tamer
    GabrielQ
    Upgrade B {Vitalize/Boost: Beast (2)/Boost: Beast (3)}

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Abilities
    Dedicated Thread lead by Calisk
    • Arctic rework
    • Autoinclude spells initial suppresion to open space for newer designs
    • Nohkan Do rework
    • Overall ST champions design/roles problems and solutions
    • More
    Abominable
    Most people agree it's mechanic is efficient but unentertaining.

Endless Devotion & Crystals
    Entrepidus
    Very detailed "before & after" scenario
    Endless Devotion on base for all Crystals.
    Remove Immortality from Endless Devotion, cost form 4 to 1.
    Ferren & Kas
    Dedicated Thread
    Overall, most ST players want some kind of individuality over Ferren as a ratial rather than a classical. They would drop NKD for something else.
    Snowfall
    s4ndm4n
    It's a missplaced ability on some champions that doesn't take any advantage of it. Should be an ability for supports that help a terrain focus bg or in champions that benefit from it. And shouldn't block an upgrade path with ranks.

Spells
    Howling Wind
    Regulate
    The instance of damage and gaining vulnerability should be separated.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  4. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

maybe Yeti spirit is to powerful? all the UD players I've encountered so far have used a fading recollection on this guy.

5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I believe incorporeal is too powerful in general. I would like it to be redesigned to be able to hit them with other damage types like psychic.

6. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Arctic turtle is a pure joke! lol, 80 nora for it?!

Make it like 40-45 and it may be played in a beast deck.

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Can you explain in more detail why it's overcosted and how it's interaction with other runes shine at a certain cost?

8. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

I really love Freeze Bug Keeper, I find him most fun support rune in ST. However as it is right now, he is unrunnable.
    He has no attack, so he is walking meatbag that does NOTHING 75% of the time. Chuck bug is weaker now so I am sure nobody would mind attack on that guy.
    He is the only source of anti-summon for ST and I would love to see configuration, where you can keep sever summon, chuck and have attack while nora remains same as it is now
    OR
    reduce his dmg to 0, so he gets cheaper, I wouldnt mind him as he is, but not at 66 nora

9. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

We can simply compare it to frostfall taridgrade similiar role, both tanks.

I would run artict turtle with scale armor and ally: ST
    It would cost 81 nora!

Tardigade with void shield and freezing aura for 67 nora!

Turtle would have better hp, slightly better dmg and def. I think tardigade got the better upgrades.

And is 14 nora less in cost.

Easy pick.

Mastodont is like 40 nora, only good with azaren but I would play ito ver turtle.

10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Thanks for your imput. In the Q and A with Gedden he said some champions that were supposed to have basic attacks didn't got so as a mistake, this must be one of the cases. Although it would be interesting to proceed as you suggest.

Nice imput, I also feel it is overcosted, and your comparisons are really on the spot.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  11. Explosteevo

Explosteevo Member

There's nothing wrong with this unit in my opinion. Of all the nerfs I've heard for ST so far (for me at least) this is the worst one. KF/SP (split faction) has a unit called spirit of the mountain that spawns a real champ and if you destroy the real champ with destroying the incorporeal unit it respawns it next turn. Do I think it should be nerfed or changed... no. Any champ with incorporeal is hard to kill without magic damage. However someone suggested letting psychic damage also hurt incorporeal units which might be interesting BUT I don't see the need to change something like that and I'm unsure how much that would effect other factions.

12. Explosteevo

Explosteevo Member

Spirit of the mountain is 74 Nora!!!!!

13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Right, my bad... That's an interesting comparison then. If people are not having problem with him, why would they with Yeti? Heh...

14. Explosteevo

Explosteevo Member

Not only that there's others like disturbed spirit which also has possess. for like 64 nora

15. Savain

Savain Member

Just because ud use fr on him doesnt mean hes a problem, it just means they lack the magic damage to kill him, I dont see a problem with him all I see is people not running things to deal with him.

Goyo likes this.
  16. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Regarding Yeti Spirit:
    The Yeti Spirit is now again exactly like he was when he was released. His release resulted in very very overpowered frost amp decks because he is a cheap and efficient amp unit thats is also able to contest like a boss. He was and is again almost ever the best pick for a deploy even outside of frost amp BG's and thats not a good thing to have. He was changed for a good reason...

In addition Frostfall Icewisp is super efficient again after the revamp and in combination with the now very playable Ancestors, Strikers and Apprentice frost amp is much to strong again.

While Strikers feel ok and are needed for Lonx decks Ancestors and especially Yeti Spirits are to much. Something need to be adjusted.

And please, PLEASE! Never ever compare the powerlevel of any rune with Spirit of the Mountain. This Hero was deeply shoeboxed and is now in a little bit more interesting state because of boost beast but sure not because of projection (projection is quiet bad because of many reasons). Spirit of the mountain with a self amped aura would be op (like the Yeti Spirit).

17. Savain

Savain Member

is that because st frost amp is strong or is it because players dont like playing against it? there are others themes/playstyles just as strong dont see why st should suffer and the others still have theirs

18. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Right now there are no comparable stront ST bg's. Frost amp ist top.
    I am rank 19 limited with my frostamp bg right now and playing that deck is monkey business... I don't even need to deploy the starseers that are part of the deck because Spirits can do it single handed. 9 damage aura without any repositioning problems = massive aoe damage.

And of course no one wants to play against decks that are clearly above the powerlevel.

19. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Savain, they are too efficient. +/- 50 nora for +/- 50hp and then built in stealth or incorporeal would be good enough as a first turn second deploy contester/harasser, let alone have them amp their damage output.

20. Savain

Savain Member

hmm well cant accuse a limited of being biased can i? fair enough.

I was actually building a amp bg myself but with pb being down i dont have the runes but when its back up i might try the boonwind bg i used to run and maybe add a bit of amp in to, never really been that much of a fan of the spirits anyways i feel like avoiding using them in a game move end turn aura rinse and repeat gets boring fast :)

One solution would be to not allow amp to effect auras?