ST/UD Jek Paralysis Mobility

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Sirius, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I've been building and rebuilding versions of this deck, but after a little playtesting I realized it has a long way to go before it's actually good. So I thought I'd ask for some help to make the deck better and more geared towards this meta.
    ST is there for Swooping champions, Gale Force/Strig Legwhip, Ferren Hideout and general goodness. UD is there because of the CC champions, the powerturn spell Price of Victory, good magic damage, Rapid Assault and generally being good.

This is what I believe to be the core:

http://poxbase.com/deck/Cj0c6-ciQCqqs19sMS2Ls3os3wS23r30r1ye2b

The combination of Paralyze and Jek with Skystorm Spear was actually unintentional at first, I just wanted that CC and I liked Jek. But after noticing the synergy, I shifted a bit toward it. Demon Lich would ideally be replaced by Strig Warlock, a Swarm champion with Paralyze, but it's hard to acquire and I need to be very careful of the number of 80+ nora champions (I tend to gather a lot fast).

I would like this deck to lean toward controlling the combat agressively, shifting my opponent's focus and being able to adapt to the situation at hand. I like being able to get past the front line tanks to reach that crucial squishy behind, or stunning a unit to prepare for a kill. As for defending myself, rather than do it with general tankiness/healing, I prefer avoiding and deflecting (Blizzard Cloak, Containment Unit, Divert, Mino Battlemage), running away or just straight out paralyzing threats.
    I also generally like having a few sources of counter attacking like Arrow Throw/Divert etc., because I like exchanging blows with my opponent and coming out on top (too bad I don't have a Defensive Strike + Punish unit).

This is the deck as I playtested it in its crappy prototype version:

[​IMG]

A few more notes:
    • I love Mino Battlemage because it has magic damage, Deflect and Swap. I also like Mino Portalwalker
    • The deck definitely needs Magic damage sources; a shame I can't get Tundra Whisper
    • I'm wondering about sources of nora gen like Keeper of Memories or Nefari Siphon
    • I've been thinking of adding Retribution and Sacrifice
    • It would be nice to have some source of Frost damage to use with Threads of Ice; however, whenever I want to add Ice Carved Greaves I just think of how much more useful Mandate from Sheoul is
    • Icecliff Patrol would be nice because of his great Detection range and Sapping Strike, but unfortunately he has Ice Veil which messes with UD champs. Speaking of which, it's really a shame Arctic Gift doesn't have Preordained so I can use it before deploying UD champs
    • I like the wide AoEs ST provides, but I chose Deep Freeze over Ice Storm because the ice terrain would be problematic for my own champions. However, Deep Freeze is AoE 5 which means I need an increased spell zone to cast it without hitting myself. With the advent of Arctic Flight (and it's lack of Sentry), this is actually proving a bit difficult. I've been considering adding Puppet Master for the AP donation and Mystic Push; but even without him, I need to figure a way out of this dilemma

2. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Here is a build idea.

http://poxbase.com/deck/cuUcozc24Cj0CwhciQCkMc6ic5=Co5cg7S10syS4@S2LsDR30e1 e1Me2PE2b

You have three sources of Paralyze: Skystorm, Infiltrators, and Snowhispers. Snowhispers bring another great build idea in Resonance. Cast Banish, either by spell or Journey from Aspect, and you will receive a huge one-hit kill with Resonance on the next turn. So this combo removes a pesky unit from play for 2 rounds from Banish, and give your Snowhispers the damage for a one-hit kill the next round. That is a great snow ball. For example, if you opponent deploys a Colossal Boa at 81 nora on the round. You could banish it and give your Snowhisper 93 damage for the next round. And oh yeah, he is a stealth unit.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You should try KF/UD Snake Charmer + Gundlewolf Alpha. BTW Vashal are now all considered Beasts. So Cavalier + anything really is scary now.

5. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Here is my problem with your build. Jek is central, a good thing, but there are no backups. If you are building up Jek 's Thirst or Paralytic Strike, once he is out, your mechanic falls down. You need a backup for both mechanics, Anathema for Strike and maybe Gladiator for Thirst. Also, you need Shield to keep these running. Lastly, you need Fading Recollection for Unstoppable champs who can not be paralyzed.

Drop Retribution, Price, Rapid, both Boks, and Spider and pick up Shield, another Threads, Fading, two Anathemas, and a Gladiator.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  6. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

after reading this thread.. i came to this idea.. http://www.poxbase.com/deck/cozCa0CwhciYCylCh4ca9co1Co5C6uS10s19s2ls2Ls8fs3oSAS6fr30e2Pe2b

banish + snowhisper (OP idea btw. never seen it coming)
    Anathema, Kiergana with para strike.. (maybe better with Jek.. dno)
    Wish + Skystorm spear
    Chronomancer to handle spell cds.
    Grundel + mandate for tanking & beating
    Sentinel for font defending. (i've had real good experience with it)
    Griefbearer for AoE dmg reduction
    Yeti scout for shatter & detection
    Keenye is mainly for kiergana or snowhisper (if u just need a lil bit more range to take out a threat.)

7. Luvadata

Luvadata Member

threads of ice + ice atack on jeck GG

Kristian Skjold likes this.
  8. Luvadata

Luvadata Member

thundra disciple FTW

9. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

Supply with Bullseye & howling Wind ofc.

10. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

So I tried this and it doesn't seem to work. I know its been a while since this post was made, just kind of wondering if it changed or if this was ever intended to work this way. And if it should work is it bugged?