ST...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Oct 25, 2017.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

lol unholy tomb is garbage now

SireofSuns likes this.
  2. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

True, I have to agree on that part. Extinguisher is ST meta since he came out. I just don't want to see stuff nerfed, just because its good. Every faction should have something going for it and extuingisher is one of those cards for ST. I wouldn't say you need to hit him 8 to 9 times though. More like 1-2 more than others, thats 5-6 times.

One of the problems why he got so good was the overall heal nerf but abilities like regeneration and Acolyte stayed mostly the same. What I was saying is, if you play vs ST you should prepare for extinguisher. Like you prepare vs KF to get spellspammed.

On the strongest faction part, ST was never bad but is far from top tier. You play UD, the natural enemy is ST, so you are biased in that regard and maybe I am biased as an ST player. Who knows.

Just please don't advertise about ST being broken, which is definetly not the case. If you do, nerfs will be thrown around that aren't needed. The real problem with ST is K'hento and frigid barrier. Nothing else. Every faction has access to nora efficient cards and you as a veteran should know them.

3. Kendoshi

Please tell me why it's garbage. I can't follow.

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I believe the general tempo of the current meta means you can't just sit back and relax with a 40 nora down from the tomb.

5. Kendoshi

Hmm, agree on the tempo part. It's still far from garbage though. 40 Nora is not gamebreaking and you immediately generate some back. Following turns you always have 4-5 nora more than your enemy. Besides with Essence drain you get ur efficiency back righ away.

So far every FW players still runs it. It can't be that bad.

6. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

It's definitely not garbage, but it isn't the staple it used to be. At 4-5n per turn, you're looking at 8 rounds/16 turns before you break even. It compares really poorly to marsh song (6 turns) and nora mine (10 turns that can be optimized further with nora miners). The global damage certainly isn't nothing, but trickle damage is always going to give you less value/unit than burst damage because its impact can be minimized/negated by AoE healing/regeneration and low amounts of HP loss may not impact a champ at all (eg. 12 damage killing blow on an 8hp champ vs 12 damage killing blow on an 11hp champ).

It's a great rune if the game drags on, and many fw players/decks can absolutely get good value out of it if their deck is built for extensive stalling (Dortyboy's win/loss ratio would crater without UT), but UT is a shadow of its former self and isn't carrying anything.

7. Kendoshi

Thanks for the insights. I guess I have the viability of old the UT in mind. Hard to erase that after all these years. Though don't expect any sympathy from other factions. FW has been dominating forever. It's good to see SL being Number one for once.

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

100% outclassed by statue of xulous. Both are carry mechanics, except statue is much safer overall. Also it's only really used in mirror matchups. It'd be better if it wasn't global, and did more damage / nora gen, or was cheaper.

9. DiCEM0nEY

ST is better than SL imo. SL has a lot of bs, like skywing screeched, skeezick, and good stuff, but it doesn't compare to ST right now. KF is pretty OP right now as well.

Hard to really say though, since no1 is trying. I'm over 2k points with skeletons.... I'm pretty sure they aren't THAT competitive right now, like t1.5 maybe, in FW there's lich - good stuff, which I highly suspect to be better

10. Kendoshi

SL played correctly is and always was scary as hell. The new passive makes regeneration way more potent. Dragons are top in my opinion with some additional runes like Saxguy.

11. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I think no one will deny Jakei Extinguisher is the most efficient champ for its cost and class in the game...

12. DiCEM0nEY

Sl had reforge nerfed finally though

13. Kendoshi

Yeah, he might be a bit too much for 71 nora. Though it would break my heart to see him nerfed.

Change cost of Acolyte perhaps or nerf so its 6 per round? With the heals nerfed all around, that is the one thing I would see that make sense and brings him in line with the rest. Still not a fan of this idea but seems all think he is too good...

14. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

This is the level of understanding of the game council members have nowadays.

Alakhami likes this.
  15. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Nah, the IS font bonus is really not that great. I think the ST font bonus is so much better.

The ST font bonus allows for easy wins if the ST player goes first and causes the opponent's champ to lose AP, so that the opponent cannot reach his side font, while the ST player gets his side font, and then contests the middle font with his 2nd champion.

16. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Yeh if the opposing champ lost 1 ap instead that would give us a better understanding of STs strengths as a faction. Atm ST have by far the best font bonus!

17. DiCEM0nEY

This only happens if you are using a 2x2, otherei as u can avoid this in every map

18. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Wow, really! Is he really a council member?!!?

Unholy Tomb is awesome! It's not every single game awesome, but on large maps, Unholy Tomb is really priceless. If anything, it should really do the 1 damage to ALL champs, but only make nora off the enemy champ. It would kinda fit into the theme of FW obtaining power at any cost, even if it hurts itself.

19. DiCEM0nEY

I actually think that is a really cool suggestion. Obviously the range / cost / damage would have to be adjusted.

One reason that ut is weak right now is 2 / 8 factions have easy relic all kills (ST and SL). ICE Amped arctic wail and relic overload. I suspect both will be reworked soon though. FS also has font eruption and demolish, which can make positioning it difficult; you don't really want to waste AP to place it out of reach, outside your deployment zone.

The other reason is that the relic takes too long to gain value versus the rush value of SP, UD, and KF.

Lastly, there are quite a few ways to heal damage for almost every faction so that sort of also cuts down on the damage value you get from it.

Part of the reason is that anti healing is a bit weak in general: decay really isn't that good except when you want to auto win vs slags. FW players have actually been using quite a bit of healing for this reason as well, which makes decay weaker.

Damaging spells are kind of meh, and anahema offers probably the best anti heal, unfortunately the price point for the damage is hard to justify most of the time if you only need an anti heal. The scythe equipment for 25 nora might be strong though, I'm going to test it out. Right now crossbones is my go to.

20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

No, unholy tomb is fine stop it.

SireofSuns and Vorian like this.