Starlight Dragon

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by BigToastie, Mar 12, 2014.

1. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

Rune Name : Starlight Dragon
    Faction: KF
    Race: Dragon
    Class: Wizard
    Size: 2x2,
    Rarity: Rare
    Artwork: A spirit dragon forming from the stars.
    Flavor-Text: "It is heard that these dragons protect and listen to only the fairies, a single one of these dragons mere presence leaves all in awe"
    Nora Cost: 79

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    8 SPD: 6 RNG: 2-3 DEF: 1 HP: 56

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magic
    Majestic 1
    Surge : Fairy
    Flight

Upgrade Abilities
    Exalted Presence - Any unit walking into this champions range becomes awestruck for 1 turn
    Healing Breath 2

This unit has been made so it has minimal abilities (4) while keeping in its newly created flavour.
    It is a heavy duty support unit, which is a good earlier rune for fairy decks, to stop rushes on them, by suppressing damage from oncoming rushes.
    It's damage is lower due to surge, and this won't allow it to be plopped into any deck for no reason without having drawbacks.
    The range 2-3 is so that it's upgrade "Exalted Presence" isn't too strong, but still benefits more than just its base majestic ability.

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I like the basics of this champ a lot. I am wondering what the other upgrades are, though. Also, Exalted Presence should probable be on base because it is clear that is his main "thing" that makes him different. With just a little re-ordering he could look like this...

Abilities
    Attack-Magical
    Exalted Presence
    Flight
    Resurrect
    Surge: Fairy

Upgrades
    Healing Breath 2
    Magic Acolyte
    Majestic 1
    Starlight

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

This is also a pretty big change, so feel free to disregard it, but what if Exalted Presence gave Vulnerability: Magical to champs within the unit's range?

4. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

True I'd agree with switching exalted to base,
    I just was on the basis that champions were getting changed to two upgrades, but if thats not the case i'll keep my ideas to 4,

vuln magic may be a bit too strong, especially in KF, possibly take 10% more damage from magic when in its range (or just give amp magic) :

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Or give it illuminated or something