Stealth -> win condition?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IronStylus, Feb 20, 2017.

1. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

First of all, did anyone try and succeed with an FW/UD or FW/x good stealth bg that also included blocks as win condition?
    I was looking something powerful enough to turn from stealth into a good kill potential, but as execution order is somewhat weird and it requires tons of health on shrine to be dropped (could work tho with tome) and temple of brutality is banned from ranked is it possible to make something that would work as the main goal? (as stealth has so many tools to trick opponent and make him waste resources on the battlefield). I'm not talking about shrine rush bgs or ethereal pool raze, because that's just lame imo and decreases value of font fights and gives no respect to fundamental strategies of other bgs.
    What would happen if overkill:raze would be more frequent ability and how would it affect 'raze' bgs overall? Would there be decks that aim to kill opponents and contest fonts but still would like to sneak on the shrine in another way than spamming shrine damage stuff and deploying this hateful relic?
    (overkill seems like a more healthy mechanic to me in comparison to the pool)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Kampel likes this.
  2. IronStylus

on a side note I really wish shrine defending runes came into meta some day :| but it's gonna take years

Morfeas likes this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not any more.

4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Shrine defense runes?

I think ST has one and its one the worst runes in the faction

5. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

It's still doing the old effect instead of the described one. Pretty sure it's been reported.

As for sneaking stealthily to shrines, the problem lies in that if you commit resources away from the mid fight you will likely lose it and the damage you get off on shrines is largely useless until it's enough to kill it. I.e. a 1 hp shrine is as good as a 100% hp shrine. Hence why Ethereal Pool bgs go all in on the shrine kill plan and largely dodge midfont fights.

Tweek516 likes this.
  6. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Watch catstrofe or something in ranked. Most unfun deck to play against.

7. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Been playing with my rock guardian a bit (if you know what I mean) and he's been good at getting in the way of those rushy stealthy bastards. Probably not meta, but fun.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

overkill:raze would be cool if it was more popular. (seen on more runes) it could be a punishment for Price of victory or desperate heal. chop'n blocks and stealth are not the best combo. stealth champ often have low hp.

9. IronStylus

That's what I'm talking about: I imagine if abilities like overkill were more popular and there would be some more abilities that directly damage shrine while fighting and pressure another mechanics that deal damage to shrine in combat (kind of tired of direct raze) that could shift meta eventually for runes like bok gatekeeper (who is used generally offensively) or shrine defenders.
    It would also punish some FW decks for playing risky with their shrine HP in the midgame, desperate heal and bring mack mason supports.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

@OriginalG1 1 @IronStylus

Skeleton decks used to be top tier stealth shrine killers with surge lerper dark rising bone cloak bone mine sac altar. It's mostly a cheese tactic which works if ur opponent isn't careful to protect shrine.

Worms kill shrine with much less risk than stealth otherwise