Stitched Bonfire

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Erlade, May 11, 2016.

1. Erlade

Erlade The King of Potatoes

Faction: Forsaken Wastes/Underdepths
    Race: Stitched, Class: None, Size: 1x1, Rarity: Rare
    Artwork: A humanoid figure with a wooden torso and arms, legs, and a faceless head made out of wicker. It's on fire, though none of the creature's components are burned or damaged in any way.
    Flavor-Text: "The Stitched sort of ate Gondor, and then started spewing fire everywhere. I had to retreat before I ended up like him." - Tortun Groundpounder
    Nora Cost: 65-75

Champion Stats

DAM
    : 9
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 1
    DEF: 0
    HP: 40

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Fire
    Fire Eater
    Fire Bomb 2
    Stitched
    Fuel the Flame - When this unit destroys a small champion with a basic attack, it is healed for 4 HP and gains a rank of Fire Aura for eight turns, to a maximum of three ranks. When this unit destroys a large champion with a basic attack, it is healed for 6 HP and gains two ranks of Fire Aura for six turns, to a maximum of three ranks.
    Resistance: Frost 2
    Hunter: Plant - When this unit would deal attack damage to a Treefolk or Plant, the damage is increased by 50% (After DEF). When this unit takes attack damage from a Treefolk or Plant, the damage is decreased by 30% (After DEF). This does not stack with other Hunter abilities.

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Burn 1
    Burn 2 [Default]
    Burn 3

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Damage Shield: Fire 1 [Default]
    Damage Shield: Fire 2
    Damage Shield: Fire 3

Questions to Answer

What role is this Rune intend to fill?

Most Stitched basic attacks either do physical or magical damage, with a few doing psychic damage and one doing frost, and only one two have DOT effect. This champion is intended to help balance the elements among the Stitched.

Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
    No other Stitched has Fire for its basic attack. The closest to that is the Mirrorskin's Reflect: Fire ability.

How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
    The Champion's unique ability, Fuel the Flame, offers a different experience from other abilities which depend on destroying enemy champions to activate. Though there are a few UD champions with a heavy focus on fire damage, none are as suitable for play in a Stitched battlegroup is this one would be.

How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
    Having this rune in a battlegroup would help decrease the advantage that champions with Resistance: Physical or Magical have against Stitched battlegroups, as well as giving an advantage against battlegroups which utilize Treefolk or Plant champions.

What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
    The effects of Burn, Fuel the Flame, and Damage Shield: Fire give this unit a high damage output, which is something that many Stitched lack.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Kampel, Tweek516 and OriginalG1 like this.
  2. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

hunter treefolk is kinda over kill as they are already venerable to fire. making him hit like a truck against one theme.

3. Erlade

Erlade The King of Potatoes

Only a couple Treefolk champions actually have Vulnerability: Fire.

4. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

Lmaoo gondor??! he sort of ate a whole country?!

5. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

There Are only 3 ranks...

6. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

in stitched youd ideally want to kill with a deconstruct champ to get remains
    but i love the idea of a dot and an aoe in stitched

badgerale likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Going to add this to EXP 31. Will likely have Fuel the Flame simply trigger off any enemy death within 5 spaces and consolidate the triggers into one.

"When an enemy champion within 5 spaces is destroyed, this champion heals for 4 HP and gains a rank of Fire Aura."

It's an interesting ability that we can re-use as it is (makes sense on De'lim and some UD runes), as well as use it as a template for other abilities.

Will have to slim down the base a bit, there's a lot going on there. also think due to the nature of Fuel the Flame, it makes sense on a more tanky kind of kit. Current stats/kit makes it hard to take this into enemy territory, but that's where you want him with that ability.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    IronStylus, 19madfox95 and Tweek516 like this.