Stitcheds: 1 spell and 1 champion ideas

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Joker, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

Stitcheds are my favorite race without a doubt. Sadly they are not so present in ranked as other much stronger battlegroups, but they do have potential.

I designed two runes that i believe would help the stitched synergy.

Spell: Rottening (25 nora)

The next time a relic owned by the opponent is deployed, it is instantly turned into a stitched remain worth 25 nora owned by them. This effect is hidden until triggered.

Champion: Stitched scavenger

1x1
    rare
    flavor-text: One would be foolish to say there are no useful things left in the garbage. Gold is found between the dirt, my friend. - Stitched scavenger Azle.

nora: 68
    HP: 39
    DEF: 0
    RNG: 1
    SPD: 5
    DMG: 0

cast: Rottening (AP: 3 CD: 4)
    relocate: relic
    dark favor 1
    stitchedcaller (similar to broodcaller) (when this champion enters play a stitched remains is spawned on nearest deployment zone worth 10 nora)

Upgrades:

cloak
    transfer life 1
    portal
    reconstruct: dreameater

The champion is not designed based on the new upcoming revamp because i am still very confused about the balancement of the runes until then.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

for the spell , id always run disintegrate even if this rune existed so i can be in range to recon remains in to a champion when i want the relic down... although there are situations where the spell might actually be very useful.....they aren't many situations like that.

Stitched caller is a little op , considering a avg player will make them all champions

3. Joker

the spell is actually useful in many situations

for an example, if your opponent was going to drop an unholy tomb on its font deployment while this effect is active, they would spend 50 nora on a relic useless for them.

(edited because i forgot to note that the effect is hidden until triggered.)

also, about the stitched caller ability, i absolutely agree about its potential, but the way i see it, if you are in a map with a lot of font deployments, it would take time and potentially some nora to turn all the relics into champions. If you are in a map with just a few font deployments, the benefit wouldn't be so big.

Anyway, in my opinion the stitched racial's real problem is the lack of super champions or self sufficient font contestors. But i cannot do anything about that as i don't know what will be strong and what will be weak after the revamp.

what is left to us is wait :)

4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I played stitched for a while.... don't need a super champ, the way i saw it is.....Stitched is too slow, need your recon/decon champs out to start playing properly....
    Also retri not dropping relics anymore was a massive hit.
    Once you get late in the game , you become almost unbeatable .... So being slow to start keeps them balanced.... so i blame the current meta being too powerful/fast rather then stitched themselves. Since revamp is making the meta slower, might see more of it in top ranks.....or maybe it will just get nerfed more :D

5. Joker

Let's pray then :)

6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I agree with Agirgis, the Stitched ARE balanced (more so than other themes). I would perhaps give a +5hp boost to all Stitched, and give more of them Decon...
    I agree though, the Caller is op, it would be better to increase the Cast ability's cooldown to 6 or 8 (like similar ones). Also, "stitchedcaller" (ability) is WAY too good. I understand your argument, but I think it would be better if it just spawned 1 Remains next to him.
    Also, can he please have this ability instead of Reconstruct: Dreameater? : Reconstruct: Stitchling (Cooldown of 0!). Just a thought. :)

7. Joker

reconstruct: stitchling CD of 0 is a bit too much for a 68 nora :(

editted stitched caller so it happens only on the nearest font deployment zone

hope it's better now :)

SireofSuns likes this.
  8. SireofSuns

Dang, I was really hoping for an army of itty bitty guys... ;) jk

9. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I don't believe stitched are capable of speech. I thought they talked through their magic symbol floaties.

10. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

You need to take on a pair of less biased glasses.
    Both the champion and the spell is far to OP, and I say that as a huge Stitched Fan.

11. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

the freebies from spells and on-deploy effects are quite problematic. . . .Especially for a cheap champ. Doesn't matter if its "just" a relic. But once you get the engine going, putting this Scavenger down will ensure that the opponent will not be able to chase your nora:champ efficiency rate.

Imagine how crucial it is for an SP player to get a lot of status effects and needs to deploy a Cleansing Emerald ASAP, or to lose 2 or more champs...

A stackable Cast: Rottening from 2 Scavengers would ensure a game without a relic for the opposing player.

The problem is the Nora that the opposing player loses. That's like KF's Dreambox.

While you don't get the relic, but you semi-have another relic in the form of Stitched Remains. Then its either "Spend 3 AP to destroy the Remains, or a free meat will come next turn".

I think the most balanced set of abilities/new keywords you can have for stitched is:

Train: Death Nova: Fire 2
    or
    Fiery Entrance (When a Stitched Remains relic within 6 spaces is destroyed, champions within 2 spaces of it is dealt 6 Fire damage and is Charred 2)

As for Spells:

Junk-Calling (For the next 5 turns, whenever a friendly Stitched champion dies, an additional Stitched Remains relic is summoned within 3 spaces of the nearest friendly font. This effect is hidden until triggered.)
    Cost: 45 Nora

IMO, the spell is REALLY strong. Especially if you turtle around and wait for opponent to put an alpha attack powerturn. You're basically saying that the opponent have to spend a WHOLE LOAD OF AP just to destroy a single living stitched...

12. Joker

thanks for the review

i didn't realize it was THAT OP when i imagined it at the first place

The idea was actually to fit the same purpose of KF's jukebox actually, but in a way it would benefit the racial only

I just feel that this spell has a lot in common with the racial and it would fit perfectly

Maybe increasing the nora cost of the spell and making the ability unstackable (when activated, this champion loses this ability) would make it less appealing?

13. SireofSuns

What is the spell instead was more like this?

Spell: Rottening [not sure about that name] (35 Nora)
    The next time a Stitched Remains relic is destroyed within 6 turns, a Stitched remains is deployed in the nearest friendly deployment zone.

How does that look to everyone?

Also, I thought this might be a better ability for the Caller.

Stitched Caller (When a Stitched remains relic is deployed within 6 spaces of this unit, it is relocated to the nearest available non-damaging space to this champion)

I think that these changes would be more balanced, while still keeping some of the original flavor. It still has that kinda, "call things" flavor, imo.