STkeletons -- Abusing Sermon with Summons

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by kalasle, Mar 15, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I've got one: is Sermon worth ~100 nora and 2 slots?

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Which was one of the big questions when setting this up. Still on the fence but -- maybe? As opposed to Draks or Lonx, you're paying 25 nora more, but are also dealing with units that receive a greater proportional benefit; summons from abilities and Dark Rising are getting ~+20% to their stats, sometimes more. The stacking buffs, for instance, bring Summon Skeleton 3 up to 13 dmg, 7 spd, 2 def, and 35 hp with boost.

4. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

This is pretty interesting, I will experiment a little bit with it too. I just dont really understand why you choose for these skeletons

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Zero experience playing skellies, really. The Dragons are in there because they fill ST slots, the Raiders because they drop a unit and thus get additional boost benefit, and the Xbones because I wanted a cheap ranged unit. Fadewisp might be better. I would definitely include Bone Elementals if I had them.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Pretty interesting. Curious to see how it works out.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

8. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I feel like spamming Altar of Bones would require the same set up and potentially yield better results. Though the flat ST bonus is huge on skellies.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I don't think it would. Once sermon is up, it's global and instant. It therefore has better synergy with the bevy of summons and spawns that skeletons use.

10. potatonuts

Well that's what i mean, Sermon has instant results but with Boost and Banner subtracted it only does a little more than two uses of the altar. I suppose its a question of playstyle, it's certainly stronger early.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It also persists through unit deaths in the field. A particular champion needs to get 2 ticks of altar, which is more of a trial in some cases. Hmm, maybe you could use both and have the greediest late game plan out there?

12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Timothy and a Coord Tower or 2 wouldn't be out of place in there. And Mobi of course.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Holy crap Coord Tower. Putting that in. Dark Rising gets much better.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That's why I have Fight in Formation in the SL split I came up with. Give all Draksar BM3. Combined with Taint, you can have BM3 spread all across the map.

15. Uruboz

Uruboz I need me some PIE!

Nice!

16. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

17. potatonuts

As we're just throwing stat buffs in there you could use Lost Queen for Loyalty and Risen Yeti for Frightful Aura too.

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

19. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

Does Sermon not work per the description?
    "Friendly champions that share a race with this one..."
    Lonx =/= Skeleton

?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Netherzen and Uruboz like this.
  20. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

It's funny how you said that FW should not have sermon, but you're testing a split with skeletons HAVING sermon.

@topic, seems interesting, I'd like to see how it works on the field, don't you have tried other races but skelies? Liches could fit some ranged part of a Lonx deck.