Stolen abilities often do not work

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by davre, Aug 3, 2016.

1. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

3 different games with goblins.

First game I stole dead magic zone a bunch of times from tiny's witches, and it wouldn't let me cast spells in my own DMZ. I haven't witches so I don't know if this is normal - that you can't cast spells in DMZ you created.

Second game, I stole arroyo rift from my opponent, and when they made their own DMZ and put a bunch of guys in it, I tried to use it and it did nothing.

Third game, I stole spirit projection from Spirit of The Mountain and it did not summon spirit projected goblins on my turn.

Please fix these issues.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Will look into 1 and 2.

3 will have to be a description fix indicating that it only works on Garu Medium and Spirit of the Mountain. This is because the way the ability works requires a specific champion to deploy as the manifestation.

3. Sokolov

Unable to reproduce 1 and 2.

Here's me casting a spell (Bane Blast) inside the DMZ I generated with Arroyo Rift:

upload_2016-8-3_12-34-36.png

Here's me using Arroyo Rift after stealing it:

upload_2016-8-3_12-33-57.png

4. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

Did happen to steal Arroyo Rift myself too, and it worked well.

5. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

For clarification, the DMZ in the first scenario wasn't from arroyo rift, it was from desecrated zone. And the second ability was actually rift nova (sorry).

e: also, re: spirit projection I wouldn't mind if my goblins made those dumb pounce lions instead of goblin brutes because those summoned lions are nuts.

6. Sokolov

Yea, I tried it with DMZ too and it was fine.

Will check out Rift Nova.

But generally, there's no specific reason why stolen abilities wouldn't work as expected, because the method of adding an ability is the same whether it is added on base (via the DB) or added via Goblin Thievery.

The only things that wouldn't work as ones like Spirit Projection which, codewise, specifically check to see what champion it is before triggering (since it has to do something specifically related to that champion, rather than something generic).

7. Sokolov

Oh, Rift Nova is probably because it's checking for friendly DMZ only, so it wouldn't trigger on enemy DMZ. That said, whether that should be the case or not is a different story.