Stone collosus

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by voodoochile, Apr 27, 2015.

1. voodoochile

voodoochile The King of Potatoes

Hey guys and gals.

What do you think about Stone Collosus?

I'm working on a constructs deck and kinda like this endearing fatty persona.

He looks great with Shrinking blow and his tanky stats.

Opinions appreciated.

2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

He is a great tank, and with the loots of boost, he is even better. Crhusinhg Blow is what I run on him too. Good luck with this bg :D

3. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

For me, he is number 1 in tankiness in Constructs, followed by Stone Dragon. I prefer Colossus over Dragon because of Crushing Blow, that also reduces speed. Dragon is just a giant meatwall with resistance to the 2 most common damages, and Foe of the most common class.

4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I run both colossus and dragon magic and physical resist 3 + forge hammer is super tanky

5. Rapidice

Yeah, I used to, but some maps really hate 2x2 units. Colossus, Robodog and DMC bring more than enough positioning problems. I replaced Dragon with Silverclan Hoplite, and use them as bodyguards of my engineers, because of Enduring Aura 3 (it seems little, but on a 85 Nora helpless unit, everything counts).

Edit: Looking at Dragon's cost, I think he has gained my favor again. Goodbye hoplites, welcome again Dragon!

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

run is/sp it more interesting and way more easier to use when compared i don't rely on tinkerers as much making bg alot more flexible

7. Rapidice

This is what i'm running now. It seems heavy on champions, but take into account that I use my Priest of Valdac as a second Repair, that is also able to heal my engineers.

https://poxbase.com/deck/CalcpTctdC4Bc1tCfhCl6cfgC1HC3YCwWs4Bsls4Gs7Hs6Ms43RirYE5e_

Sergeant is a beast generating AP for Robodog and DMC. Also, it can use drive on opponent's champions to trigger hunter:Quick from Silverclan Purger. 2 x Guard Towers and 2 x Forge Hammers ensure you good powerturns. Preferred target for Hammers is always Robodog with barrage, it can put out insane amounts of damage, also making cheap all other constructs.

To play constructs, now you have to be very carefull with you engineers. With helpless, they'll mostrly die from a double tap of any decent ranged unit.

8. voodoochile

So robodog... He looks scary with barrage and beam. Is he worth the nora? I will include hammers too

What do you people use for range beside him? Gliders ok? Gargoyls?

Is there something not expensive that works well? Constructs are quite pricey at ranged department...

9. Rapidice

For ranged, I use Robodog, Dwarven Mortar Crew, and Gargoyles.
    On the cheap side, you have Turret Team, Gliders and your imagination.

10. Ifem21

Bassicaly this. If you split with SP you have more options (firecases everywhere).

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Not nearly as good as stone dragon.

JaceDragon likes this.
  12. Ifem21

Try a Stone Dragon with Talgar Equips, and enjoy the immortal dragon X)

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Don't waste nora over buffing a champion. Just T3 him and save that equip nora for a repair. Doing this allows you to only spend the nora on survivability if necessary, T3 and repair have synergy unlike equip, equips can be countered easily before kill plays, frees up deck space for RC, bring constructs something they need more than more toughness, melee speed, more dmg.

14. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

6 speed melee units that require you to hit champions to tank them don't quite work from ranged combat.

15. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I love stone colossus. Only thing better than Stone Colossus would be Stone colossus riding a steam roller. New ability Flatten. All champions in steam roller range are crippled and slowed for 6 turns stone colossus runs these champions over and is relocated to his max range of rolling. Ironfist Stronghold big wheel.
    [​IMG] o

16. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

^ awesome pic... love that movie... take all my likes

profhulk likes this.
  17. voodoochile

I'll get back to you if I need some tips regarding constructs. Thanks for your answers!