Strategic Retreat

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Pico, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

Would anyone run this spell if it was an AoE 3/2 instead of global? I would.

I mean it just gives you more strategic options to use it in, because it could severely hurt your board presence if used when harassing an opponents font but wanting to get certain units out, but not send your champion contesting the font at the other side of the map back home.

dsjtheman likes this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Like the idea.

3. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

i second this, great idea! crowded forces to global again too ;-)

4. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

I like the concept - hit and run to the max, but more "strategic" (ahem) than a global "RUN AWAY" spell.

5. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

Yeah I'm totally for it. Although I run Strategic Retreat (and some other lesser used KF spells), it would see much more action in my deck if it was an AoE spell instead of global.

6. Lord Kinjo

Lord Kinjo New Member

The question as asked: "Would anyone run this spell if it was an AoE 3/2 instead of global?"

....is better phrased: "Who wouldn't run this if".

Strategic Retreat would become very popular, very fast, if it was an AoE.

7. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

It is not like it would be auto, to use it to save one target would have to compete with many other get-out-of-jail-free runes KF has, such as protection, escape magic, balancing act even. This would just allow the rune to compete for a slot in a BG, something it currently does not do if your trying to make a top tier BG.

The current number of viable uses for the rune is so low it is not worth an include above other runes that do the job better: and this change would not make it do the job better then them; Escape magic would still be hidden, and protection and balancing act could potentially save a rune without relocating it, but strategic retreat could offer it's own usage scenarios.

8. Lord Kinjo

Lord Kinjo New Member

I see your point, but I think you're underestimating the value of it. I don't think any of the smarter players would use it on just one champ (except extremely situationally). The idea is that you can send in a whole squadron of champs and pull them out of harm's way. Sending 3 or 4 dudes into the fray, dealing damage, then pulling them back is wicked. It sort of works this way now, but it has a bunch of downside, like moving some other champs into an area they are less optimal being in.

Besides, I never said auto include. Just very popular.

9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

It would be a lot of fun, imagine surprise stealth warcry gang kill against serkan and then retreating to font.

10. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

the issues are as follows:

1) if you have enough champs to make an AOE version of Strategic Retreat viable, then you probably have enough champs to stay in place and win the battlefront!
    2) if you're rushing with not enough champs, or attacking a particular part of a battle line with not enough champs... would that nora be better used for another champ or a debilitating spell?