Striker of K'thir

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    Striker of K'thir
    Faction: K'thir Forest
    Race: Elf | Class: Archer, Ranger, Rogue | Size: Small | Rarity: Rare
    Flavor-Text: "They will pursue their targets to the farthest parts of the globe; almost nothing can stop a determined Striker."
    Nora Cost: 79-85

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 3-5 | DEF: 0 | HP: 44

Champion Abilities
    1) Attack: Arrow (+0 NORA)- This unit makes a Physical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    2) Declare Hunted (+8 NORA)- When this unit is deployed, the closest opposing champion without Hunted becomes Hunted (This champion receives 50% more damage from champions with Declare Hunted). This effect is not cleansable.
    3) Defile Corpse (+3 NORA)- When this champion destroys another champion with its basic attack, on-death effects do not trigger.
    4) Fearless (+2 NORA)- This unit can not become Frightened.
    5) Quest: Kill Hunted (+8 NORA)- Whenever this champion destroys an opposing champion with the Hunted condition, this champion automatically recovers the nora globe and the closest opposing champion without Hunted gains the Hunted condition.

Shadow Upgrade Path
    1) Fading Light (+5 NORA, DEFAULT)- When this champion recovers a nora globe, it becomes Stealthed.
    2) Hidden: Earth (+5 NORA)- At the end of your turn, if this champion occupies Earth, it becomes Stealthed. Otherwise, it loses Stealthed.
    3) Hidden: Vegetation (+3 NORA)- At the end of your turn, if this champion occupies Vegetation, it becomes Stealthed. Otherwise, it loses Stealthed.

Striker Upgrade Path
    1) Assimilate (+4 NORA, DEFAULT)- When this champion recovers a nora globe, it is healed for 6 HP.
    2) Combat Awareness (+8 NORA)- This unit only takes damage from spells and abilities if they specifically target a champion. This does not include terrain effects, conditions, or equipment on this champion.
    3) Punish (+6 NORA)- When this unit deals damage to a champion with a basic attack, that champion loses all AP and loses HP equal to the AP lost.
    3) Domain: Shadows (+4 NORA)- At the beginning of each turn, this unit has +2 DMG, +1 DEF, and Mobility for 1 turn if it is Stealthed.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    soulmilk, Tweek516, Woffleet and 3 others like this.
  2. Xirone

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  3. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

That's very cool, and looks like fun to play. I particularly like the new take on quest abilities.

Xirone likes this.
  4. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like the idea, but this is an IS split with Hunter KF, so I do not think it will work.

5. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

this is awesome but quest: kill hunted and punish together is too much :/
    I'll add more on my thoughts tomorrw. just got off work and i'm tired

6. Xirone

You are probably right on Punish. Heart Strike (+4 NORA), Stike (+8 NORA), or Domain: Shadows (+4 NORA) could be good substitutes. I think I like Domain: Shadows a lot, actually.

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

since it a crossbow there a high chance he can be a 1-3 range too but like i said in the preview huntress has 5-6 range so anything is possible

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

he should have stealth somewhere in his upgrades possibly instead of fading light
    possible alternatives also with crossbow
    i think he may have precision or strike since its unlike bow crossbow is short-range and can pierce through armour better
    upgrade 1
    stealth
    shadowstrike
    escape

9. Xirone

I feel like Shadowstrike would make him too powerful, even for the hefty cost. Stealth could be an okay change but I like the possible interaction of auto-stealthiness when he kills his target. Escape isn't very good, though.

10. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Most champs are supposed to have 4-5 total abilities, that was the whole point of the revamp as I recall kthx bai.

#Toomanyabilities

Xirone likes this.
  11. Xirone

Yeah, I added Fearless for thematic reasons but that could be the first to go. Also, Quest: Kill Hunted could be made to give a hunted champion on deploy so that Declare Hunted wouldn't be needed. Quest: Kill Hunted would become 15-16 Nora with those changes. There would be 5 abilities, total, with those changes.

TheBulwark likes this.
  12. Xirone

[​IMG]
    Striker of K'thir
    Faction: K'thir Forest
    Race: Elf | Class: Archer, Ranger, Rogue | Size: Small | Rarity: Rare
    Flavor-Text: "They will pursue their targets to the farthest parts of the globe; almost nothing can stop a determined Striker."
    Nora Cost: 77-83

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 3-5 | DEF: 0 | HP: 44

Champion Abilities
    1) Attack: Arrow (+0 NORA)- This unit makes a Physical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    2) Defile Corpse (+3 NORA)- When this champion destroys another champion with its basic attack, on-death effects do not trigger.
    3) Quest: Kill Hunted (+16 NORA)- When this champion is deployed, the nearest opposing champion without Hunted gains Hunted. Whenever this champion destroys an opposing champion with the Hunted condition, this champion automatically recovers the nora globe and the closest opposing champion without Hunted gains the Hunted condition.

Shadow Upgrade Path
    1) Fading Light (+5 NORA, DEFAULT)- When this champion recovers a nora globe, it becomes Stealthed.
    2) Hidden: Earth (+5 NORA)- At the end of your turn, if this champion occupies Earth, it becomes Stealthed. Otherwise, it loses Stealthed.
    3) Hidden: Vegetation (+3 NORA)- At the end of your turn, if this champion occupies Vegetation, it becomes Stealthed. Otherwise, it loses Stealthed.

Striker Upgrade Path
    1) Assimilate (+4 NORA, DEFAULT)- When this champion recovers a nora globe, it is healed for 6 HP.
    2) Combat Awareness (+8 NORA)- This unit only takes damage from spells and abilities if they specifically target a champion. This does not include terrain effects, conditions, or equipment on this champion.
    3) Domain: Shadows (+4 NORA)- At the beginning of each turn, this unit has +2 DMG, +1 DEF, and Mobility for 1 turn if it is Stealthed.

13. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I think just ranger rogue is fine, also i think. he should be a human

14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

If you dare make this guy anything other than an archer and ranger I will not be happy.
    On that note, hopefully we actually get some racial/synergy between rangers and archers :) (a few good runes could make these 2 underdeveloped themes 1 good and fleshed out theme)

Xirone likes this.
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I love the interactions here with nora globes - really nifty way to tie a lot of these abilities together without adding entirely new mechanics.

Woffleet and Xirone like this.
  16. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

I like diss ALOT , make dis happen naooo

Xirone likes this.
  17. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

I'm thinking more of bounty hunter or merc of circle , one more of deliim warriors he brought back from his banishment from kthir

18. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

That would also be cool

Poxlife likes this.
  19. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

He is not a KF champ. He is going to be a KF Hunter probably for IS, FW, or UD.