Strong budget deck

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by TeaNinja, Dec 5, 2016.

1. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I'd like to try playing some FF KF but I only see Wizards, Fairies, or BadBraz's rushy deck (favorite KF deck).

Would anyone be so kind as to give me an example or two of a strong budget deck? No exos/legendaries besides warbanner.

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Here you go.

I know you said no exos but I put in men's bc mena. Included tons of 1x runes so you could see what you like and change it around as you wish. Is by no means optimised, but just threw it together now.

Notable things I didn't include:
    Fern
    Shimmering flower
    Oak seed (actually I would try and find room for this looking back on it - maybe drop shade)
    Civilised wilderkin
    Swiftwind
    Amareths lexicon (such an underrated rune)

Uhhh... Bound to be some other stuff, but can't remember off the top of my head.

Attached Files:

TeaNinja likes this.
  3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

This is just flat outclassed by inhibit power, and seeing as you put that in this isn't really a notable thing.

4. Tweek516

Eh, always found inhibit power kinda underwhelming. I understand its crazy efficient and stuff but I dunno, I find myself cutting it a lot.

I haven't run flower for a while but still think its a valid option, good on things like spellkaiser and mika to lock them out indefinitely.

I feel like these two runes occupy slightly different roles, flower as a long term answer to a champ and inhibit power as a short term tool to prevent counter play. While I do agree that power is stronger, I don't think its by the margin you're suggesting.

SireofSuns likes this.
  5. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Crown of Petals is also a great negative equip in a slightly similar vein to Shimmering Flower, though I feel like Flower is useful more often.

Tweek516 likes this.
  6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Menalaus is one of the most common exotics given out for playing dailies and skirmishes together with Elven Strategist, so I'm pretty sure he'll get it soon.

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i also saw somebody play garus days ago. karmavore maybe. anyway adaptive is also in a good spot at the moment i think. but not budget. budget maybe beasts or treefolks?

8. Slencer

Slencer The King of Potatoes

I would go with Wizards.
    Sure there are some really good legs like enforcer and such but they aren't that necessary really.

9. Etherielin

I wouldn't if by Wizards you mean Magic Amp - Garu Chosens and Aurora Investigators (at least one) are a must have and that's 2400 shards. You also need Wisps and that's another 1000.

10. Tweek516

I don't run chosen.

11. Etherielin

A critical mistake as he has magic amp and protective and can be built either as a short ranged death ray that has to be focused (huge HP pool, damage goes up as your mages are hit) or as a long-range poker via a Thirion sub-theme.

12. Tweek516

Eh, I do know he's strong, and I always put him in to begin - but he's one of the first champs I drop. Same way I'm not a huge fan of rage, enforcer, snakedancer and condor fury. Just don't like them.

13. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

But rage is your forum pic?

14. Tweek516

Love the design and the art, just find limbo too much of a drawback :)