Strongest BG?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tylerspoxnora, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Tylerspoxnora

Tylerspoxnora Member

What is the strongest BG atm?

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

This is an unanswerable question

3. Tylerspoxnora

Tylerspoxnora Member

What are some of the strongest BGs?

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

super71 likes this.
  5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

the one you lost to. and it needs to be nerfed.

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

jokes apart, it seems that hermaios' sp/st meta split is considered top class, but mostly because of who is playing it.
    dwarves are always solid. elven statue illusions is a cancer but still tier 0 . worms very strong. fs collective/adaptive in a good spot too. sl meta/sand or dragons are solid. frost amp st too.

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

luckily enough, maybe this game has still some client problems but balance-wise a lot of good work has been done so almost everything can be competitive enough to rank

8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

He is a good player, but his deck is designed to be able to outcompete on champ efficiency alone. Kento, Mika, SotM... these champs are not only simply more efficient than anything you could deploy but also have excellent attrition value which reduces the skill burden as time goes on.

I'm not *****ing, I think it's good that people are running optimised decks again - it's healthy for the game.

Woffleet and MaruXV like this.
  9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

New player comes in and asks what are the strongest bgs, get's answer " This is an unanswerable question ". Later the veterans sit and ponder why we get no new players.

Sundered lands- Dragons, skeezick, amp acid are pretty good
    forglar swamp- I don't play a lot of forglar swamp so it might be nice to head over to the forglar forum page
    Shattered peaks- Same as forglar
    Savage Tundra- Frost amplification, jakei, meta good stuff
    forsaken wastes- Skeleton, spirits, zombies,
    K'thir- Bgs based around illusions, elves, meta good stuff, fairies
    under depths- meta stuff, demons, amplify fire
    iron fist stronghold- drunken decks are still strong, barbarians, meta, grints

Probably missed a few but if you have any questions feel free to message me here or in-game. Same name in-game

@Tylerspoxnora

Etherielin, Chris and MrBadguy like this.
  10. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

none cuz every bg has a weakness called draw luck.

MrBadguy likes this.
  11. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Does anyone have a link to a list or anything for the SP/ST split?

12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

not a direct link, but it was something like hyaenid flamefist, mika, big swallow fesh with crystallize combo, kento, snowspinner, whirlwind seism elemental (maybe2x), cyclo chief, sp banner, double galeforce, cleanse mist?, sotm, possession whip, and i dont know what else...

13. guokamoli54

Ok so mainly just st/sp goof stuff with a bunch of combos Does anyone have a way to contact him to get list maybe this seems like an interesting BG. @kalasle should totally try to get a video of him lol

14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

he made an alt and won like 195/200 matches. Sure playerbase is lower and less strong than usual, and he is a very good player, but the bg needs to be solid to get that percentage.

15. guokamoli54

Ya that's some pretty crazy win rate dang

16. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

Riftlord, AoI, Baby Furbull ,Chilling scale, Phoenix, Artificer, Ritualist, Snowspinner, Mika, Fesh, Flamefist, Pilgrim, Kento, Slipped, Sotm, Voil Infernal, Quarry, Alacrity, Ava, Cleansing storm, Crystalize, Frigid, Gale x 2, Swap, VP, Halberd. SP banner, Furry hat, Slavers Whip

Enjoy x

Fentum, guokamoli54 and MaruXV like this.
  17. Chris

If i had the new ST legend id prob switch kento out in favour of it, or at least try it out in the spot.

MaruXV likes this.
  18. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i can give you. but maybe you could play both

19. Chris

no room for both :)

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

why in gods name is kento your first choice for removal