Suggested Changes for Menalaus, his minions, etc.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Staxover, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Staxover

Staxover Member

I have heard all the typical arguments, but Mena still needs Prog. Raikan, Mena would not move toward a melee unit but away. Besides, how can anyone in here who disagrees with me really say he would not benefit from it. If he had it, you would all be saying that it was a nice change because it is very usable. You would contest more fonts with him and other tasks, and this conversation would all be positive because Mena had the skill. DOG please test this skill and give it to a few players to trial run it. Just give it a chance instead of slamming it.

2. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Menalus w/ Cov is range 8. Prog is range...4 I think. Menalaus should never be that close that close to the front lines. He's too expensive, and should be way way in the back with a wall of melee and a 2nd wall of shorter range 4-6/3-5 units. Or he should be further back than that, moving forward a space or 2 to get in range, taking a pot shot, then retreating back. So my guess is that it won't be that useful as a practical matter since it would require wasting ap on repositioning him.

Tarathil likes this.
  3. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Honestly, i could like to see him focused as a Hero, changes to make him feel a bit more unique.

*For starters, i could like to see his minimum range reduced to 1, and his max range reduced by 1.
    *Make him a Wizard Priest, instead of a regular old Wizard.
    *Grimlic of K'thir should be removed entirely, and Opposing Viewpoints saved for the inevitable De'lim Hero.
    *Reduce Heal Mass to rank 1 on base, to lend more weight to the upgrade path.
    *Reduce his SPD by 1 (I don't like the idea of 8 speed Elves. Save the higher speed for races that need it for thematic/mechanical reasons.).
    *Remove Regeneration from base, and replace it with Enlightened (remove enlightened from Bliss and refocus her).
    *Maybe reduce Regen 2 to rank 1 on upgrades & split Enlightened into 2 ranks (3/6 Health), giving Menalaus rank 1.
    *Maybe tack on Merciful?

In short, he's okay as he is now, but he can be focused.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  4. cantha

cantha The King of Potatoes

Yes! That's some higher level thinking here!

Why stop at reducing his range, maybe we can make him passive and give him a special attack called: Old Man's Stick: this unit makes an attack at range 1-4 for 2 dmg. Units damaged this way are stunned 1 and distracted for the rest of the game.
    Also, why limit him to class Wizard Priest. How about Wizard Priest Warrior Rogue Shaman Ranger, I think that'd fit the image much better. As for the speed I totally agree, I'd even go step further and decrease his speed to 4 or 5 + wandering, he's an old man afterall, ought to develop alzheimer's by now. I also agree on the Bliss suggestion, maybe we can even reverse her centaur form, y'know move the head where her bum is, give her - confusing aura: this unit is confused and distracted, any unit within 2 spaces at the end of their turn becomes confused and distracted 8.

Keep it coming mate!

GemmaXylia likes this.
  5. Prami

It evens out, he would have full range of 1-6 (1-7 with Covenant), which is hardly the nerf you make it out to be.

He has access to healing abilities, therefore priest.

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

haha

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

When are people gonna stop trying to buff there own faction and actually put useful threads up that help to keep the game going? Buff skymarshal or ambling or something useless if you wanna buff something sick of seeing the meta kthir needs buffs.

8. Tarathil

Tarathil Devotee of the Blood Owl

That's the curse of any game that has multiple factions like this :(

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It is not very important, of course, but I do think he should be Class: Priest, Wizard. Some flavor-texts refer to him as the Priest of K'thir and others make it clear he is a Wizard. In game, it wouldn't matter all that much.

10. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

mena needs merciful, he is a good old men

11. Prami

You know what? That is actually a good idea.

12. Staxover

Staxover Member

Look people, it is simple. Give him Prog and call it a day. All these other ideas do not work. Mena needs Prog in place of MN1 and HM2, which are both useless on him. Some also say that we should not buff meta units, but we should because these are heroes who should change the game and survive. Honestly though, we will never know if our suggestions, Karm's, Rakian's, Prami's, or even mine, will ever work because there is not testing grounds for them. It is fun to think about though.

13. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

I think Menalaus needs soul siphon, essence capture, leech vitality, and ... um.... intimidating.

Oh, and elusive.

Tarathil likes this.
  14. Tarathil

Tarathil Devotee of the Blood Owl

I fully support this :)

15. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Sure, and the first guy with precision or paralyze or stun gibs your investment, those are ridiculous suggestions.
    Arrow eater or nothing

Tarathil likes this.
  16. RedDain

How about "Damage Eater"? Just dispense with the foreplay and go right for "This rune is so overpowered, you will cry when it is deployed in a game you're NOT playing!!!"

17. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Except if you are FW of course, in that case we have the following passive:
    Suck it: this rune health cannot be decreased by any means that are not damage, this ability is specifically designed to stomp on FW, go get a real bonus and boon is OP.

18. RedDain

Ha!! Because LoL is lol!

19. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

You guys forgot that the other player could forget about Menalaus and go for the shrine. The shrine should be impervious while Menalaus is in play.

20. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Prognostication is the most awkward ability, I really don't want anyone to have it.

The only good idea I've heard in this thread is giving him Class: Priest.

psbuffgnark.

Xirone likes this.