Suggestion for DC timers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WraithxxV, Aug 5, 2014.

1. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

I am a player with an often bad internet connection, mostly due to the country I live in. Lets get that out of the way...anyways, when my internet starts dcing me, it will often cause me to lose games I had in the bag by causing me to skip a random turn, which is incredibly frustrating and can make the game unplayable when my internet isn't being stable.

My suggestion is to pause the player's turn counter when he dcs, that way he comes back with enough time to actually do his turn. In other words, while dcd, the counter to surrender starts dropping just as it does now, but the dcd player's turn counter pauses if its his turn.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Fix the "force friendly quit" while you're at it.

WraithxxV likes this.
  3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

What's the "force friendly quit"?

4. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

If someone DC and the opponent asks for FQ, it will auto-accept for DCed one, so if you are not winning you can get out of jail for free

5. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Yeah, that FQ thing should probably be removed too.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Why do that when you can sit for 3 minutes and take the win? I'd rather gamble on getting a win than FQ and get nothing for the time I spent.

PurpleTop likes this.
  7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I like this idea but sadly someone somehow will find a way to abuse it as they always do.

8. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Bump because, y'know I lost another game for this.