[Suggestion] Game Time, Tournaments and Countdowns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fikule, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Most news posts from SoE always had times in PST, which you needed to go and look up your actual time for.

Could you implement a "Game Time" that is displayed in the client? It could just be PST time, but it would at least be the standard time for the game. It would also mean the place you look up the time is in the game itself. (loading the client seems better than looking through websites)

Also, would it be possible to have automated tournaments? Maybe 2-3 times a day to allow people in all time zones to participate. This may require different rewards (or not tbh) but it would make it a more active feature.

Speaking of tournaments, my last suggestion is for in-game countdowns to tournaments. i.e. you see the actual time remaining until a tournament starts. This could be used for both automated tournaments and special event tournaments.

This makes people more aware of them without needing to first check the website for upcoming tournaments and then check another website to find out the actual relative time.

I hardly do any tournament games because I either miss them due to the time given or never even know they're happening.

Leadrz, kalasle, pixniri and 2 others like this.
  2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Yes please!

3. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

lots of tournaments, special events and prices pls :D

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

+1 I would love this to avoid allways having to do timeconversions.

5. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

why not just implement a selected time zone for the website? like the forum uses? or have the client itself read the local pc's clock?

6. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Because the point isn't to know your time. You can see that any time you want (especially if you have a watch or something ^^)

The point is to have a game time that can be used for events. So when they say "A tournament is beginning at 1:00pm Game Time" you can just check the game time.

Everyone who plays this game is in a different time zone. We can't just use our own time.

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yes please. Europeans have to check up everything all the time.

Also, for ****s sake, stop doing tournaments at 0100 CET or something. It shows an incredible disregard towards your international customers ...

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Doesnt the one usually hosting these tourneys live in the EU?

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Wait, does DOG actually host regular tourneys? I though they were all player-initiated.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Moles occasionally has them. They are not always predetermined.