Suggestion to swizss-knife BGs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MakarovJAC, Jul 2, 2015.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Regarding my other post, and given the disproportionate amount of stuff avialable for some factions and absent from others, I suggest the following:

-Just like with Split Personality, I strongly suggest that benefit granting spells have their duration reduced. It's unfair that some factions get some their effects reduced when other factions which not only have access by a large degree to methods to counter these effects gets theirs by prolonged amounts of time.

-If one faction gets something which doesn't belong to its faction flavour, it must be lesser than the options avialable at other factions, and without oppotunity to benefit from already existing bonuses within the aforementioned faction.

I.E: Faction A is range over melee with improved healing. Faction B is dominated by generally high-damage melee, but no sources of healing or cleanse avialable. If A is to receive a melee theme with high damage, their high-melee damage is not to surpass B´s damage at melee. And it must not be capable of receiving a bonus from an already existing themes (I.E: Boost: Racial), or general bonuses (such as Battlemaster)-Or if it does, then, it must not surpass B's damage at melee.

-Exception to the previous suggestion: If in case where a source is to get benefits which makes it surpass the other faction's flavour cappabilities, then, they must come at an additional price (I.E: Elevated nora or AP/cooldown cost, and/or reduced stats which may benefit from things such as the example described above).

So, I would be waiting that UD's average damage goes up from 13 up to 17-18 given that said amount is easier to convey by most factions nowadays.

-In cases where design is to provide a faction with a theme, or cumulative abbilities which makes it surpass another faction's flavour; then the other faction which is going to have its flavour matched must receive new means to increase their speciality's curve.

-Buff and Debuff are affected by faction flavour, as well as their aviability and their rank/power levels.

-To create a list of neutral abbilities which will ignore the previous rules, based upon meta gameplay such as: Detection, Charge system, multiattack, Teleportation, etc.

-Effects which cancel a particular effect without much requirement than just "play it", specially if they are particularily cheap (I'm looking at you, Unobstruckted View) are: limited to one; or provided particularily long cooldowns; or applied to the first rule; or, if necessary, to increase their cost exponentially.

Frankly, and many will agree, it's frustrating to simply get a severe disadvantage when somebody plays a single spell.

-To create a list of effects which aren't meant to be possessed by a single theme as part of a racial benefit, such as Racials, I.E: Multiattack, Evasion, Reflexes, etc. Can be tied to the general effects lists.

And there it goes. Feel free to ignore or criticize.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    chickenpox2 likes this.