Summons, swarms, and bringing them in line.

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Mister Tuggles, May 12, 2016.

1. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

With the large amount of zombie decks running around right now I feel that something should be done, in general, with summons/swarm runes.

Basic idea would be that ANY summoned, or swarmed rune that comes into play would start with no more than 15hp. This would stop the 47hp, disease aura, disease shield, non-lumbering zombies from corpse piles, the swarmed zombie dropping 40+ hp lumbering Bane Shift bricks, moga swarm, locust swarm, dark elf swarm, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. This would also make shatter summons, you know, actually shatter a summoned rune with one cast.

The exception to this would be summons that come into play only once, i.e. Tusk, or the hippo from boghopper guy.

I also suggest that swarmed spawns should NOT be able to trigger another swarm. Only the original should be able to do this.

That is all.

2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Or you could just run something that counters summons

3. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

summons other than zombies are usually weak, think young myx drones, young saplings and what not . The only thing i see you are raging about is the zombies cuz the rest are expensive for what they do and you just let your champs die letting them swarm. kep yo distance pay smart and kil the starter. Zombie son the other hand could take a health reduction but 15 would make summons very weak if not useless.

4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

People always fail to appreciate that they have lumbering and 5 speed, that is the entire reason they have higher HP than other summons. With a reduction they will be dead before they even get a single attack off.

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

These days summons are as much a liability as an asset considering the proliferation of Medal of Honor/Battle Leader and Swarm.

6. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

i get that, thats why i was thinking only of a 5 hp reduction if they really get outta hand, but on the whole i think that ranged units Bane Shift all over zombies and so does bad positioning, simply put, summons are fine where they are.

potatonuts likes this.