Summons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xxLordQxx, Feb 4, 2015.

?

Should the "summon" attribute me more defined?

Poll closed Mar 6, 2015.
  1. Yes. It should be more standardized.

75.0%
  2. No. They are fine.

16.7%
  3. Other. (Please provide some feedback on your opinion.)

8.3%
  1. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

I have been trying to play a few games a night to increase my understanding of the current game. So this my attempt at being constructive in regards to opinions I have about certain issues. This obvious topic is summons.

I have faced multiple decks that rely heavily on summons to be competitive. This is a pretty cool aspect of game play. The glaring reality however is that there is a major disparity between summons, even though they all carry the same "summons" restrictions that gives them a baseline of what they can do opposed to real champs. I have noticed a that this "restriction" is a bit unfair to some and balancing to others. So to compare summons lets take the Cyclopean Firecase, KF snakes, and Myx drone summons. All have over or around 30hp and a full set of abilities that enable them to be relevant and useful. They are on the upper echelon of summons.

Now comparing all other summons to these two makes me feel like the "summon" sandbag is unfair to some and balancing to others. To change the "summons" attribute to fit each champ would be more difficult than having parameters to summons. For the most part this parameter already exist. Summon lvl x with 3 possible tiers for x. Because this can be costed correctly and applied to the source of the summon. However when you dont have this there is no real way to balance the summons.

I believe a good solution would be to have tiers on all summons and have a cost associated with that. So even if a champion only had summon lvl 3 they could be charged appropriately. Further more there should be a consensus on how powerful the most powerful summon can be.

Maybe the "summon" criteria could also provide limits. Nothing more than 25 hp, 10 base dmg, 2 base def, etc.. I dont have the actual numbers ironed out but its just a thought.

Any and all feed back is welcome and appreciated.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I will give you the Myx Summons, but they are delayed via the Pupae relic mechanic.

But things like the Rusty Firecase comes into play with 18 HP nowhere near the "around 30HP" you suggest.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The firecase was likely in conjunction with Superior Tinkering.

4. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

This is a very important aspect. I honestly was not aware that this was what was boosting it. However I assure you they had 30hp.

I think Markoth explained why my numbers didn't match up. That said I still believe that there can be a tier system that would make summons strong but not a replacement for live champs. They should have a purpose of supporting not being a substitute for a weak area for a theme or deck that being meat, range, dmg, etc.. Consideration should also be given to how each summon is deployed when being assigned a tier. I have complete faith in you as a dev. and your vision on where pox should be so this is just constructive feedback on my recent experiences.

That being said your not above some healthy harassment about your favorite being ST. Regardless if its true or not :)