Sup with the game?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by crisian, Mar 10, 2014.

1. crisian

crisian Member

for the last 2 hours i can not get through a game, daily or ranked. the game becomes unresponsive and even freezes the pc. is this WAI?

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Can you give us more information?

When does it freeze?

What OS are you using?

3. crisian

crisian Member

during the game, windows 8

4. KTCAOP

Do you know if there is something that seems to trigger it? A spell, ability, deployment?

5. crisian

crisian Member

it has been triggered by stuff like that, effects, traps, abilities.

6. KTCAOP

When it occurs again, can you get a screenshot and/or be more precise? The better examples we have, the easier it would be to track down what is causing the game to break.

7. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It would be helpful if other players who have this problem could speak up about its occurrence. We have very little actionable information based on the information provided.

8. RockPaperGiJoe

RockPaperGiJoe New Member

I posted a seperate thread about this issue day or so ago. I'm still having problems when I try to play with another player. I can play versus bots fine, but the problem seems to be either the free Public decks or playing against another person.

9. crisian

crisian Member

just tried to play daily again...froze when lightning elemental attacked and triggered bolt or dash or whatever makes it relocate next to target.

10. Galandra

Galandra The King of Potatoes

There's nothing in particular that triggers the freeze in a reproducible way. Can be my turn or the bot's. Can be during an action, or while nothing's happening. And screenshots can't be taken because the window goes non-responding white on Windows 7. The only consistant thing for me is that it happens after about 20 minutes of play. I don't have a Mac or Nvidia, so it's not that. Not a memory leak, though usage is significantly higher than the SOE client (half a GB vs a third). No proxy, no 3rd party stuff running in the background.

"Restart" does nothing at all. Re-launching the client doesn't work either; it freezes again before another turn can be completed.

The action-lag is intense, but I've no reason to believe it's related to the freezes. By action-lag, I mean the roughly ten second delay between initiating an attack or ability or movement and something actually happening on the screen; and that's pretty consistant.

11. Kvothe

Kvothe New Member

I'm experiencing the same thing. Can't play through a whole game for the daily quest.
    Everything was running fine before and after the relaunch. But today I'm getting the same 'action lag' that Galandra mentioned above.
    Both in lobby and in game, it takes several seconds before my clicks are processed. Then after several turns the game freezes and stops working.
    And the Pox Nora client is also using an abnormally high amount of memory now.

12. Boss

Boss Member

Verrrryyyyyyyyyyyy LLLLLLLLaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaGGGGGGGGGGggg!

13. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Windows 8.1 Imposible to play and even log in.

14. Boss

Boss Member

hours a go its very smooth what happen?

15. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i had a freeze earlier while playin the daily....also tons of lag.....im sure this isnt much help but thot id post.

16. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Yup, this froze up my game twice as well. Win 7.

17. Donegals

Donegals Well-Known Member

Game freezes every couple of turns, usually just as the AI finishes his turn

18. Donegals

Donegals Well-Known Member

....and when i do finish a game it gets stuck on "initializing lobby". On a Win7 Home Premium x64 laptop.

19. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

20. kurokenshi

kurokenshi New Member

the game freezes in every turn so i need to have task manger open so i can close the game and restart it , W8 i have re install the java the game nothing happen yesterday i dont have this freezes but the game was having supper lag the freezes come back and lag left