Surge in 2vs2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grillado, Sep 20, 2014.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

were your opponents ultm8death and wtfn00b lul

2. Grillado

Grillado I need me some PIE!

lol no ...

In guild intern matches we all mostly aim for them to be fair/balanced ...

no offence to my opponents .. they didn't do anything wrong and I think they played voils not because of the op-factor but because of fun .. what they actually are .. and played well

3. Grillado

Just adding that ultm8 and wtfn00b are like perfect examples of choosing fun over opness - I have never not enjoyed a game against them while losing to them

Only hard thing is when Fun and OP cross each other ... as you want the fun but dont want to simply overrun the guildie

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

That is one possibility, but such a change would have a lot of ramifications. Damage Stacking, Vulnerability, and Sunder(-defense mechanics) are the only real counters for defensive champions (Tanks). To remove or limit damage stacking would effectively eliminate one of those counters. So we would have to put limitations on all the other stats too so it just doesn't become all about defensive ability stacking. It gets a bit hard to counter a +5 Defense champion with +80 HP, Regenerate, etc. if you can't stack damage. Such a change would require extensive work and would be as disruptive to how one plays Pox Nora as the Revamp. I am not saying this isn't a possibility at some point, but we don't want to cause chaos if it isn't absolutely necessary.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Time to play checkers and offer the guildies tea and cookies repeatedly. Also point out the moves you're planning, imagine them falling for your nasty trap

6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I have to object to stat caps as someone who plays Kl'zik. A semi-reasonable stat cap will completely butcher my favorite deck so don't do it.....

7. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Because it makes synergy an important part of 2v2. Whats the point of 2v2 if ur not going to use synergy.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's funny how when people bring up a problem with 2v2 as if it's the only problem with 2v2.

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Exactly, it would completely change how the game is played and affect numerous ability combinations.

10. Grillado

Well I wouldnt mind having a cap on some surge abilities ... but I guess I am quite alone with my attitude ... either way its alright ... one day everyone goes op