Syncretism with nature. Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Dec 24, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Link these studies that show that meat didn't do all the aforementioned things then.

2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Because it is not firking climate change. As I said before, the root of problem is different. It is farms that produce CH4, which is 20 times heavier than CO2. But you guys love to eat corpses so you blame the problem on something ridiculous by its nature and feel completely comfortable with this, cause then you have that nice feeling of self-righteousness.

It's not a result of us growing. It is a result of us being stupid in the way we treat our enviroment. even 7 billion could live without polluting the **** out of the planet if they wanted too. You're the main cause of the extinction of habbitats because you bring the demand on the fish killing and the CH4 production etc. So if anyone is denying something blatantly obvious -- it is you, you buffoon.

3. Alakhami

will do at the end of the day.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Look man if you wanted to make a thread where you blame us all for eating meat just do that.

and there are 0 of us who have claimed farms are not a major contributor.

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

save a tree: eat a beaver.

darklord48 likes this.
  6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so @Gutsa , how long have you been working for PETA?

7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Climate changers vs vegans. I can't decide who I want to win.

darklord48 and BurnPyro like this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

well you are very clearly in the camp of people who want climate change to happen so...

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No rush, work is pretty packed

10. Alakhami

Easy mode:

Hard mode:

The Humane Society of the United States. "An HSUS Report: The Welfare of Animals in the Meat, Egg, and Dairy Industries." Web Accessed April 18, 2015.

The Humane Society of the United States. "Animal Agriculture & Climate Change." Web Accessed April 18, 2015.

Natural Resources Defense Council. "Pollution from Giant Livestock Farms Threatens Public Health." Web Accessed April 18, 2015.

Natural Resources Defense Council. "Pollution from Giant Livestock Farms Threatens Public Health." Web Accessed April 18, 2015.

Koneswaran, Gowri, and Danielle Nierenberg. "Global Farm Animal Production and Global Warming: Impacting and Mitigating Climate Change." Environmental Health Perspective, 2008.

The Humane Society of the United States. "Animal Agriculture & Climate Change." Web Accessed April 18, 2015.

National Graphic Society. "Fertilized World." Web Accessed April 18, 2015.

• 1. Spence JD, Jenkins DJ, Davignon J. 2010. “Dietary cholesterol and egg yolks: not for patients at risk of vascular disease.” Canadian Journal of Cardiology, November 26.

2. Anderson KE. 2011. “Comparison of fatty acid, cholesterol, and vitamin A and E composition in eggs from hens housed in conventional cage and range production facilities.” Poultry Science, July.
      3. Djoussé L, Gaziano JM. 2008. “Egg consumption in relation to cardiovascular disease and mortality: the Physicians’ Health Study.” American Journal of Clinical

11. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Link one (from nasa.gov) starts with an Editor's Note:

Editor’s note: Antarctica and the Arctic are two very different environments: the former is a continent surrounded by ocean, the latter is ocean enclosed by land. As a result, sea ice behaves very differently in the two regions. While the Antarctic sea ice yearly wintertime maximum extent hit record highs from 2012 to 2014 before returning to average levels in 2015, both the Arctic wintertime maximum and its summer minimum extent have been in a sharp decline for the past decades. Studies show that globally, the decreases in Arctic sea ice far exceed the increases in Antarctic sea ice.

Link two (washingtonpost) explains that the amount of snow does not correlate with temperature:

Rather than temperature, the more important factor for snow cover is the jet stream circulation. If and when the jet stream is able to transport cold air from the Arctic into the mid-latitudes, that opens the door for snow cover to build south. This fall, the jet stream took some notable southward excursions, spreading snow into places where it’s not always common.

Not sure why you included those in your list. It may be enlightening to investigate the meaning of "average". If it is expected that climate change implies an "average" increase in temperature, this by no means contradicts an observation that the weather becomes more extreme. Nor is it refuted by an observation that parts of the world cool down.

Tweek516 and NevrGonaGivUup like this.
  12. Ragic

Tell me with 100% certainty where the next hurricane will make landfall and maybe I'll treat global warming science as gospel the way you do.

13. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Ragic is a troll; he says those things knowing that they make you cringe.
    It's what trolling is about: Provoking a reaction.

He has become pretty good at this over the years: His post is somewhat inane -- but in order to explain his fallacy, you would have to put disproportionately more effort in writing an adequate response than he invested into writing the comment itself.

14. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Ragic might be the alpha troll on these forums, maybe. (Sorry bro, but u gots competition).

His comments almost always contain a pearl, but one must dive deep to acquire.

He has completely failed to out fake news the masters of fake news in the West. Sometimes failure is winning. Savvy?

15. Ragic

iow, you got nothin

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

it will skirt the carribean islands and make landfall in the United states * drops mic*

BurnPyro likes this.
  17. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

For me, you are the real pearl of this forum. From you I learned what a libertarian in the U.S. who voted for Trump believes -- in a respectful and honest manner.
    That is something valuable, an understanding that I could not easily get from the media I usually consume, and something that made me a little wiser. We disagree on many things, and will continue to do so. But sometimes we agree, and in most cases we listen. That is why I like to hear what you have to say. Ragic on the other hand is trolling too much. That said, we also have 'liberal' trolls who don't treat you with the respect you two deserve.

Geressen, DarkJello and SPiEkY like this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Only iPox could make me feel bad about myself

Tweek516 and iPox like this.
  19. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Awww. But you used to be one of my favorite discussants as well. Especially your posts on police brutality were really interesting to read. It's only recently that you started bashing on DJ a liiiiittle too much for my taste. ;)

DarkJello likes this.
  20. Ragic

just whisper what he wants to hear in his ear Burn. That's the path to any lefties heart.

sorry for busting up your little echo chamber Ipox. Im sure there is a coffee shop somewhere close to where you live.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016