Technical question

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by MakarovJAC, May 4, 2014.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

If I don't have enough champs for a Bleed, Minotaur, Spiders, Goblins, Imps, Rogues, or Beast bg, what options in UD I've got left?

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

goodstuff like tiny

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Demons, but they're not super-competative as a theme.

4. RKane

RKane Member

Keep in mind most of these are fun bgs and wont do so well in ranked but are still fun to play with

- Treachery bg is quite inexpensive and fun
    - Surge bg, consisting of corrupted cultists, defs, sheoul demons and split/deception units, which is less competitive but still a fun option
    - A late game Maxxarek bg doesnt require high end cards but needs a lot of work to get rolling thus not so competitive but sure is fun and a change of pace from classic UD
    - Fire acolyte bg
    - Fire bombing bg. It is quite different from an acolyte imo since u mostly rely on fire eaters rather than acolytes
    - Blood exchange bg, relying on masochism/bodyguard/blood exchange! and blood frenzy
    - A mix of beasts/elementals with tons of synergy
    - Lava bg with the super cool fire giants! You get extra credits for running these guys!
    - Relocations/Knockback on fire trails. Extremely uncompetitive but lots of fun
    - Fatty bg filled with defensive doom/sacrifice mechanics. Titans etc
    - A mix of wizards to utilise the familiar/Grimlic combo

among others. Keep it creative and you ll find a dozen fun bgs to play. Competitive play is another matter though XD.

You will catch yourself losing a lot to pure powercreep and efficiency found in meta bgs but noone can beat the thats my bg feeling you get from playing a wacky bg.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

build a "Meta" bg... mix minos... 1 mino door....and a bunch of demons like bok raider , enjoy :)