Test Mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ifem21, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Hi, I have seen the @Capitulator projecto with Tutorials for the game, and was interesses to know: it's "easy" and viable for the Devs to make an Test mode? A place where you can choose the map, and can deploy every Rune in the game to see the interactions between abbilities and such.
    Would you support the Devs to spend some of their time to make this mode? What else do you suggesest for it to have if it was made?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  2. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

To allow choosing a map and selecting a unit to deploy isn't *too* much work, but putting all the abilities and interactions in is a huge job. I'm just putting in the minimum number of abilities to show off a few mechanics.

With the amount of free time I have I can probably do one ability per day. I think it'd take me 3-4 years to get all of them in :(

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You would essentially be doing a one-man rebuild of all of Pox, just without the graphical elements. That's... a huge project.

4. Ifem21

Choose a map, and selecting a unit will allow you to see the interactions, since the rune you deploy will have the abbilities and the map will have thier own terrain effects. Imagine this as a "Single Player" mode, with only you, no opponents, no objective, all runes to be choosen from instead of a 30 runes deck.

Edit: also, I have said about the Devs doing it in the game, not you. If was for you to made it, will certainlly be hard as hell.

5. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

On the release of a past expansion/patch many years ago, there was an accidental leakage of a Sandbox mode that was on the Kthir map. It currently escapes me what capabilities were accessible in Sandbox mode, but I believe it was something similar to what you are asking, but meant for the devs to be able to play-test changes and such. I am also not sure if that many currently active players will know what I am talking about, as only a few of us veterans stumbled upon it in the first place and it was quickly patched away from the public and never talked about again.

Cinder405 likes this.
  6. Ifem21

I'm veterano, but have stopped a lot in old times, comed back due to SOE no longer hold this game. And, I don't remember any sandbox feature, in what year we are talking?

7. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

I don't know the year, though it was during SOE CorpsE era. The feature was meant to remain restricted to devs when testing changes and the leakage only occurred for a few hours before it was ghost-patched. I do remember getting into the sandbox mode though and then reporting it to a green online.

Ifem21 likes this.
  8. Ifem21

Hum, that's why I don't remember, I stopped playing in SOE era.
    The Devs maybe can add some kind of feature again, will be nice.

9. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I remember the sandbox mode era when corpse was here. It was during an expansion. It was however quickly patched.

10. Cody

Cody The King of Potatoes

Copy paste? :)

11. Cody

Cody The King of Potatoes

I mean all the scripts are already in the game.

12. Ifem21

Exactly. It's can be hard for him, but not for the Devs. They can implement something like that, and would help us to Test interactions AND to find bugs.

13. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Capitulator is unknowingly making Poxnora 2.