Thanks for watching

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MentalMoles, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

To watch the video of the Q and A go here

http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgames.com/index.php?threads/q-and-a-with-gedden-22-05-14.3317/

Please put all feedback in the above link please.

Questions in order:

Revamp

1. From Joker: on the previews you released you said every champion would have a limited amount of abilities including passive. Will this include passive abilities that the player doesn't actually benefit from, like "unique" or "hero"?

2. From Explosteevo: Are you going to 'fix' the banned runes for ranked so they can be played again i.e last stand

3. From Explosteevo: I personally liked what you said about the titans the last Q & A is there anymore news on them?

4. From Fikule: If some revamped runes are going to have a large cost (95+ nora), are there any plans to tone down spells/relics/etc that instantly kill champions? (Domination/Drown/Sac Alter)

5. From Fikule: What are your plans for spot CC and spot cleanse and do you think they are a detriment to strategic gameplay when utilised by spells and equipment (not requiring any setup)?

6. From Yobanchi: What are you most excited about concerning the revamp

Gameplay:

1. From Kharon: are you going to change up the ranking system in the distant future?

2. From Borice45: Is it possible to issue daily objectives to get more gold? Like win 2 games get +100gold or destroy the enemy shrine for +150gold.

3. From Fikule: What are your thoughts on introducing maps that better fit todays screen resolutions? Also, what about the nasty black side-borders currently present in the game?

4. From Fikule: Do you have any thoughts on support champions and how they can impact the game in more meaningful, non-damage based ways?

5. From Sassquatch: are there plans on making avatars/fonts for the split themes? like a leoss specific avatar (with thematic abilities) that is usable by either IS or ST not that a new faction or font bonuses are needed but just reskins.

6. From Explosteevo: Are there ANY plans to make it so the combat log doesn't take up a quarter of what little screen you have?

7. From Fikule: What will be the main incentives for new players to stay with the NUX?

8. From Fikule: Idea thoughts on how to better balance for first/second turns?

Racials:

1. From Several people: Can you give us any more information about whats going to be happening with Racials?

2. From wolfeet: what will happen to themes that do not currently have a racial. EX. FS firks? if they are getting a racial what would it be?

3. From GabrielQ: What are you plans (if any) to address some faction wide problems that affects severely the balance of the game? this would include FF KF bonus and split, Boon of the undead (poison resistance and disease immunity), FW bonus (only works for some themes), ready on arctic, IS font bonus, FS bonus, SP bonus.

Runes:

1. From several people: What do you plan to do about the unavailability of Legendary runes currently

2. From BansheeX: What are your plans for currently unavailable runes like: Haunting Spirit, Pox Harbinger, Boghopper Zombie etc.
    Will they be released in reskin/sepia tone versions or is it the plan to keep them forever out of new players access (baring willingness to part hundreds of dollars to other players via shady paypall trades)

3. From Paperskull: Will summoned runes like Crested Fesh and Deep Elf Skeleton ever be released as stand-alone runes? (Similar to LE Boghopper Zombie)

Questions if we have time at the end:

1. From ProR2D2: Any plans on making runes like Mobilization more situational rather than autoincludes?
    2. From Fikule: Font Skins? I think we're all curious about this possible revenue stream for older players.
    3. From Woffleet: Do you plan to add more types of DoTs and debuffs?
    4. From Fikule: Any plans to make spells cast more obvious? (showing their name, giving easy access to seeing their effect, etc). New players will currently have to dig through the combat log for every spell cast.
    5. From Borice45: Reinstate king of the hill and other different game modes? Maybe create a mode where u win by a point system or something where everytime you lose a champ it hurts ur shrine or something(like LoL dominion). Just spitballing-realize that there are more important issues
    6. From Fikule: Any plans to make certain draw situations less random (for example, a 100% champion reveal on your first turn if a BG contains at least 15 champions)

Last edited: May 22, 2014
    sassquatch and Woffleet like this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

What are you plans (if any) to address some faction wide problems that affects severely the balance of the game? this would include FF KF bonus and split, Boon of the undead (poison resistance and disease immunity), FW bonus (only works for some themes), ready on arctic, IS font bonus, FS bonus, SP bonus.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
    Woffleet, Xirone and MentalMoles like this.
  3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

What are your plans for currently unavailable runes like: Haunting Spirit, Pox Harbinger, Boghopper Zombie etc.
    Will they be released in reskin/sepia tone versions or is it the plan to keep them forever out of new players access (baring willingness to part hundreds of dollars to other players via shady paypall trades)

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

What was your impression of Sony's mutation of your creation? Were you checking in on it regularly, and saw the changes gradually, or was it a drastic difference from what you remember?

5. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Will each single abitity and stat will be worth the same nora cost after revamp? If yes, doesn't that mean the Meta will not change, but instead fix the runes where the nora costs were inconsistently applied?

Any plans on making runes like Mobilization more situational rather than autoincludes?

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

IS is OP?

Yes or Yes?

sassquatch and SPiEkY like this.
  7. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

More racial previews?

8. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Would it be possible to get a sense of what % of the champions you've already "revamped"?

Goyo and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Will summoned runes like Crested Fesh and Deep Elf Skeleton ever be released as stand-alone runes? (Similar to LE Boghopper Zombie)

Woffleet and SPiEkY like this.
  10. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Q. Are you able to give a % estimate on how far along the champion revamp is?

Q. What are your thoughts on introducing maps that better fit todays screen resolutions? Also, what about the nasty black side-borders currently present in the game?

Q. What will be the main incentives for new players to stay with the NUX?

Q. (From my NUX post) Any chance we'd be able to get Legendary Token/Shards to forge Legendary runes? (i.e. "Forge Random Ironfist Legendary" etc)

Q. Do you have any thoughts on support champions and how they can impact the game in more meaningful, non-damage based ways?

Q. Font Skins? I think we're all curious about this possible revenue stream for older players.

Q. Are you planning on any reliable way to get legendaries for the extremely unlucky players?

maybe more in a bit.

11. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

more types of dots? or debuffs? envenom? sp noragen?

12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

[​IMG]
    Second.

sassquatch likes this.
  13. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

on the previews you released you said every champion would have a limited amount of habilities including passive. Will this include passive habilities that the player doesn't actually benefit from, like "unique" or "hero"?

14. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Q. Can you fix the Aura animations and sounds to play again? Maybe just make it so the effect plays without making the game wait.

Q. What has been the most difficult rune to change in the revamp?

Q. Any plans to make spells cast more obvious? (showing their name, giving easy access to seeing their effect, etc). New players will currently have to dig through the combat log for every spell cast.

Q. What is your stance on equipment and spell refund effects? (for example, Snuff refunding for zombies or Vendetta refunding when equipped on Serkan)

Q. Idea/thoughts on how to better balance for first/second turns?

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  15. Explosteevo

Explosteevo Member

Q. Are you going to make Nora mining viable again. I.e Nora beasts/Nora mines

Q. Are you going to 'fix' the banned runes for ranked so they can be played again i.e last stand

Q. Are there ANY plans to make it so the combat log doesn't take up a quarter of what little screen you have?

Q. What are your plans for attracting new players?

Q. Will there ever be rewards? Like the 10k gold bonuses that happened from time to time.

Q. I personally liked what you said about the titans the last Q & A is there anymore news on them?

16. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Any plans for a graphical revamp, so pox will look like something done after year 2000?

Woffleet likes this.
  17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I for one like the sprite work. Especially some of the recent expansions stuff. This isnt a game for flashy graphics.

Joker, Shuyash, Woffleet and 2 others like this.
  18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

19. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Just heard from senshu we may be able to get this next Q and A on thursday so keep the questions coming, i'll update this tomorrow with the confirmed questions.

Woffleet and Goyo like this.
  20. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

What games do you play for fun?

Markoth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.