The best review I can find of The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Jan 16, 2018.

1. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

yeah overwatch has an insane body image problem going.

I mean how the Firk am I supposed to look like roadhog? I can't eat that much and it doesn't help i'm basically as tall as the Swedish dude.

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

never called @davre a conspiracy theorist I simply disagree with him on wether Rey is a mary Sue, he has a good point that Rey's character had little impact on the story of the force awakens but to deny the character development she had in the last jedi or to deny that she is flawed is wrong. the problem there would be that in TFA her actions were mostly plot driven, the lack of timeskip between TFA and TLJ doesn't improve that much but at least in TLJ she is able to have her flaws affect her choices. it's a weak arc but she is not less flawed or more of a mary sue than Luke was in ANH.

and another thing you forget is that I am a grammar ****, I am what you might call a multi-faceted person. but you do know that "someone who cares about proper grammar/spelling/word use" and "literally a ****" are not the same concept right?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you have a very low bar for intelectualism.

fair enough.

5. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

ahah, of course. I'm just playing with words.

6. Astamir

Astamir I need me some PIE!

Has Ragic ever posted a pic of himself? I would LOVE to see it.

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Rey is a character that could be good, but the writing and actress are not helping it go anywhere.

But it has to be said that interesting characters are pretty rare in big budget films these days, so the situation is pretty much normal.

It's probably a conscious decision to make the hero of a film (or book) a 'blank slate' that the viewer can emphasise with and place themselves in that position. Meanwhile the interesting characters occur around them.

Consider Luke's character in the last film (where he is not the hero) compared to the original (where he was): He was much more free to have genuine flaws and a more nuanced character.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Have YOU? likewise

9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Most of the time I imagine astamir looks something like this

[​IMG]

After Astamir goes off on some rant cussing out Ragic calling him a "*********" Ragic shrugs and responds with

"MURICA WHATEVA!"

[​IMG]

newsbuff likes this.
  10. Astamir

I think this is a much fairer depiction.

[​IMG]

profhulk likes this.
  11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Hey Astamir. Have all your banker buddies apologized to you yet for predicting economic collapse due to Trump?

profhulk and newsbuff like this.
  12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

:D:D:D:D

profhulk likes this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so have both of you forgotten how policy takes some time to implement and how slowly the economy reflects it?
    just wondering if you two are holding an idiot ball today.

14. Ragic

ROFL

you're such a precious ideologue. never change gressen. never change.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    profhulk likes this.
  15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that is no way to answer a question about wether or not you understand that it is way too early to call Astamir out on that.
    I don't think there will be a dramatic economic crash but I also know that you cannot make statements about the present and future as if it is in the past.

do you understand that what I am asking if you understand that? because it doesn't seem like you do ragmuffin, you never answer questions ragmuffin, that's not how it works here.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  16. Ragic

feel free to set your arbitrary timeline at which point Trump gets credit for the booming economy and y'all s.t.f.u. I can wait.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Good
    but I don't think he will impact the economy very much, perhaps the outdated industries that should die even get a boost at the detriment of newer industries sure but I don't think anyone will be able to pin down that. it is clear that Trump will tell blatant lies about job creation and such so I hope you won't be using him as a source.

as for non-economic dammage that is much clearer to see, Last week tonight covered some of it a few days ago.

18. Ragic

soooo, no date. I didn't expect you to actually give one. I should ask an expert.

Hey Astimir. At what point will your banker buddies say the booming economy is due to Trump?

Because like, we wouldn't want to give him credit prematurely.

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

why would I give you a date for something I do not expect to happen as catastrophically as you think I should? You know I am not Astamir right?

20. Astamir

Give it two years.