The Boghopper Bistro.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I'm way ahead of you on that one but I can't find room for two

Anima26 and Leadrz like this.
  2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

destiny in one pocket and + 10 in the other

Cinder405 likes this.
  3. Cinder405

That's exactly what I have done. They are essentially the same thing

4. Joodi

Joodi New Member

Anyone tried the Siphon guys? Also, Dredgers are very good :D even tho I only run 1

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Siphon seems like it is mostly a psychic unit. It is still fine with other bgs, but it is not a top choice.

Joodi likes this.
  6. Cinder405

I haven't found a real reason to deploy him except for the fact that he provides distraction and alternate damage. I may replace him honestly. I would love it if he had some kind of leap ability base. I have yet to deploy him in a ranked match. What should I replace him with?

7. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Siphons ability irks me I feel it should be on attack.
    Spitter would be a good alternative

Cinder405 likes this.
  8. doubtofbuddha

[​IMG]

This is what I am running.

9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

redtide neuromancer looks cool.

10. doubtofbuddha

I am still fiddling with the equipment, relics, and spells a bit.

I like the number of options that FS has now for equipment in relics. Way better than it was even just a few expansions ago.

11. Cinder405

I actually think it should be on attack too. Its pretty unique but the champion is squishy as it is and the game being built on one rounding I'm pretty sure a decent player can play around it about 75 percent of the time.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  12. doubtofbuddha

Croma Visionary's ability is so much better for only 2 more nora. Since it does not rely on your opponent doing anything but deploy a champion.

Anima26 and Leadrz like this.
  13. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

froghoppers.png
    Here's my bg atm. For a lot of my decks I don't run many 2x, and Boghoppers have so many great options. I also don't like Tidemaster in the current meta bc of Vuln: Electricity. Instigator seems very underrated as a way to boost hopper's low damage output. Also, I highly recommend Murkwater Weakness--great spell even out of Snapteeth, imo.

Anima26, doubtofbuddha and Leadrz like this.
  14. Cinder405

I run leap 3 whenever I can. Does anyone else

15. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Rare source of Distract in FS though.

Does the lack of range not inhibit you Bella? I like that u dont run many spells in that deck though, someone that isnt spell spamming is refreshing. I personally like to take a number of spells and stuff to help combat certain abilities that give me trouble, as an example One With Nora, PHS helps me deal with those units abit easier.

16. doubtofbuddha

It depends. I do run it on most melee units and my elite ranged units (tide master, augur, and kartch) but I do not on cheaper ranged units, because I prefer to keep their costs down. I also do not on the spawnpool guardian, because why?

After discussing it a bit with Bell, I ended up dropping the tide masters for two spitters. Still not sure it is the correct decision, but his point about the prevalence of elec bgs at the moment is good and dot 5 on a range 6 unit is almost always good.

Cinder405 likes this.
  17. Cinder405

Well I run it because my deck heavily relies on Water Front for Drown, Dive, Scimitar and the Boghopper Tads. But when I play an electric BG I deploy Spitter and other range units and depend on my Paladins for water front.

18. doubtofbuddha

This is part of the reason I think it is worthwhile for a real boghopper guide to be written. There is a lot of ways to build them.

Anima26 likes this.
  19. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Yes most definitely. There are many ways you can play Hoppers. Theyre cool like that.

When u say Dive, do you run Snatchers? Ive always liked them, theyre quite threatening with Flanking.

Cinder405 likes this.
  20. Cinder405

Yes I run 1 Snatcher with Dive 3 with as much Water I run this guy surprise everyone all the time. I do run him with Flanking as well. He is also one of my Scimitar or Destiny targets. He's also my only equipment counter because of Snatch. I don't run Corrode or Loot because I have no space.

Also if your not running at lease 1 Forced Reconstruction in your Boghopper BG your doing it wrong. That spell has saved my **** many times.