The Boghopper Bistro.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Jun 7, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Apparently Bell and I are doing it wrong!

It isn't a matter of if the spell is good or not, it is if it is better than all of the other options there.

Ohmin and Cinder405 like this.
  2. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I do have 2x Augur, 1 Spitter and Kartch. Usually 1 or 2 of those come out early in the game and they can stay alive for a while behind the summons and tanks. I did run Fury until I took him out to try some other stuff, but right now I think I have enough knockback to get enemies into the positions I need that I don't necessarily have to run as much range. Having good CC in FS's non-champ set also helps a lot

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I love Augur, such a strong rune.

4. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

When your Boghoppers are low on health and thier death is eminent and there is nothing you can do to save it, just cast that bad boy on the Boghopper and bam you have a Misshapen Boghopper with upgrades and decent health. Also it comes into play with Initiative 1. So if you 're cautious of how many champions your opponent has you can easily use the spell as a "finisher" in case you didn't calculate your damage correctly.

Also I have enough Shards to craft a Neophyte shout I? Or should I craft a Darkmarsh Witch? Maybe and Augur? Help me choose

5. doubtofbuddha

Augur is better than either of the others. Witch really isn't that great and doesn't work with a lot of what you want to do with boghoppers. Neophyte is good though, and there are certain builds I would definitely use him for. Augur has widespread use in FS though, and if you plan to continue playing it he is good both in meta and hoppers, with some limited utility in poison.

Anima26 likes this.
  6. Anima26

This.

7. Cinder405

Traded in Doombringer and Got and Augur and Finlords Neophyte. Yeahhhhhh

8. Anima26

Nice.

9. Cinder405

Hey guys. I just played a guy that used Eye for and eye twice and of course blinded two of my champions making them useless. I currently don't run any cleanse abilities in my BG or spells and was wondering what the best cleanse options are for the faction in general.

10. doubtofbuddha

Sacred Temple, pretty much. All the others are bad or non-boghopper theme-specific.

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Cinder405

OK but sacred temple is not a spot cleanse correct?

12. doubtofbuddha

Correct. FS's only sources of spot cleanse are in semi-aquatic. One unit has cleanse as an ability.

13. Anima26

Temple is the best imo too. Neophyte is 2nd. Neither are spot Cleanse though.

14. doubtofbuddha

[​IMG]

Put this together last night. Went 6-1 in ranked with it, my only loss was to @Sirius's IS/ST flyers battle group.

I like it. Feels aggressive and strong in all the right ways. Least essential rune is probably the Swampguard Crusher . I may actually end up cutting them or experimenting with other runes in those slots.

The Darkmarsh Furies, Lotus Altar, and the Neuromancer are probably the next layer of least requiremennt, but they are good and have specific reasons for being in the deck.

I had previously been playing more of a build up deck, but this one looks and feels a bit stronger. I had been concerned that running all of the tanky frontliners would be too much, but with the sheer amount of mobility available allows them to apply a lot more pressure than you would expect based on their statlines. Between clamp, deploy watershed anchor, ponderous blows, and binding chains you also have a sizeable amount of control and the one non-control frontliner his gekaal, who just lays down a considerable amount of damage.

15. Joodi

Joodi New Member

Seems strong that one, still unsure of double Enforcers and Lotus Altar? What could you replace it with, or the Swampguard crusher you mention. Tide Master(s), Glutton?
    Also what upgrades do you run on Augurs?

I might try this one out!

16. doubtofbuddha

I am very sure about double enforcers. It is the furies I am less sure about.

Augurs I run with jolt and slam because it results in the cheapest augur and gives some nice synergy.

Not sure about actual replacements at the moment. Going to test some things out and post. If you have the runes, I suggest trying it as is. It works well.

17. Joodi

Joodi New Member

Nice, I do like Opportunistic but it seems to be expensive so I'll try jolt.
    I dont have Swampguard crusher but seeing it isnt a necessary rune I wont have a problem replacing him.

18. doubtofbuddha

Currently I am trying out Boghopper Bravado instead of the Lotus Altar, Lost Echoes instead of Font Eruption, a Darkmarsh Siphon instead of the 2nd Darkmarsh Fury, and a Darkmarsh Instigator instead of the Swampguard Crusher. It is going alright. The champ changes are likely permanent ones, but the non-champs I am less sure about.

19. Cinder405

Lost echoes is a great spell. I run x1. Cheap spell to finish off champs and the damage is sonic which is usually never countered. With you running bogs I don't see why you aren't running a forced Reconstruction. You will thank me later for it. Drop Marsh song for it.

20. doubtofbuddha

So what makes you so sure that Forced Reconstruction is better than Marsh Song? Because getting 20 extra nora whenever I have 30 to spare seems pretty damn good. The narrowness os Forced Reconstruction is my main problem with it.