The "Change" that'll bring Greatness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nexx, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Well, recently, I've seen a lot of complaining about not having access to runes for new players, and I personally believe a change like this would increase the player base.

Give new players access to all, if not, most Commons/Uncommons/Rares for the first week, without the ability to trade them with a due date. This will give them the ability to make battlegroups of their choice. (Maybe give them access to the low tier exos, with a limit being put into the bg. This isn't necessary.)

Once the due date strikes, they have the choice of keeping one or two of the bgs they've created, then the rest of the runes disappear.

This system will give them general knowledge of how runes work with personal experience, and which faction they'd enjoy. They'll also get access to runes of their choice then be able to take a few after the rest are gone. I personally think this'll help the game a lot.

Legato, Oldmaster, Goyo and 1 other person like this.
  2. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

Or cycle some premade decks, like LoL does with champs. New players get to play meta worthy decks and see what they like, but cant keep or trade the runes.

Goyo, SaintKiwi, Pipster and 2 others like this.
  3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

we have premade decks..... they aren't any good but they exist.

Goyo likes this.
  4. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

Maybe player councils could create 2-3 decks per faction that could be used...

Goyo and Thbigchief like this.
  5. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

These decks should also be available without having to jump through any bullshit hoops. This isn't 2006 anymore. People want to, and deserve to be able to jump straight into the game.

Sunutsu, Boozha and DarkJello like this.
  6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

half the fun (more than half really) of poxnora is the deck building. every aspect of the game should emphasize it.

Sunutsu, Legato, Goyo and 3 others like this.
  7. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Or the greens could simply give away packs with level ups or hitting certain waypoints. Pretty sure this has been suggested for years but they never listen, so oh well..

BurnPyro likes this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I like how you present your opinion as a fact and expect the game to cater to it.

9. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

I could have sworn there was going to be a free rotation of premade decks, but I am pretty sure the premades I have access to have not changed.

10. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I do believe in one of the earlier Q n A's with Gedden he stated that this is exactly what they were planning to do, have 10-20 decks cycle around that would be deemed competitive.

11. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Ye, but this system would allow the players themselves to pick what they like, instead of having to go through cycles. As Ragic stated, one of the game's fun aspects is deck building, and that's what the system provides. Choice and deck building, along with the bg after the due date comes.

12. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

I rly like the idea of hospy, i play fantasy rivals and urban rivals too.. and there u have waypoints or quests too to get ur gold or something. Would be great to have quests like: "Hit 5 times for 20 damage" - "You will get a Core-Set"

13. Ragic

I could just put 'imo' in my sig. Or I could tell you to F off. hmmm let me think on it.

Boozha, Sunutsu and KingJad like this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'll let you know when I care about the opinion of someone who doesn't play the game who has nothing better to do then to cry about splits and hand out good advice as if someone cared to being with.

Sunutsu likes this.
  15. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

You just admitted he gives good advice.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It made more sense in my language, I should have made it even more clear that Ragic has been irrelevant since forever.

17. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

The suggested system likely wouldn't work in a favorable fashion. If I happened to be a newbie that came to the game with such a system in place I believe that I'd feel overwhelmed by the huge amount of runes available and not feel like spending half a day on looking through all of them, trying to make some kind of deck for a game that I don't understand yet.

I also don't believe that giving players a bunch of stuff just to take it away is a good way to introduce a player to a game.

Buyable premade decks that you can test for X amount of time would likely be a better introduction for a newbie.

18. Ragic

I think you meant 'begin with'. Fun fact. our opinions count about the same in the devs eyes. How does that taste?

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It couldn't bother me less how you feel about my opinion in comparison to yours.

20. Ragic

likewise. this was fun, lets do it again sometime.