The community should have the power to remove players from the Council

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alakhami, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Pox renovator IS ST SL UD FS SP KF FW
    Pox Harbinger IS ST SL UD FS SP KF FW
    That's 16

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

That seems kiind of intentional. Were they different prior to the revamp?

3. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Can we fix clones then ?Or will we talk about history of Pox

4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I am just not sure why having these clones is actually a problem. I kind of like that they exist as a cycle and can't think of any good reason why they need to be different.

Tweek516 likes this.
  5. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Clone wars?

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Considering the dynamic nature of the game, every change proposed and accepted have repercussions on a pool of runes far greater than the rune itself. In this sense, taking time to correctly evaluate if what players are pointing out as OP is really a problem that should have resources allocated to be fixed is the critical part of this process.

Sok writing that he prefers to take his time to evaluate rather than rushing to fix is really something we all should enjoy to read, for sometimes we may focus on the wrong point of an iteration to call buffs/nerfs while the problem might reside on something that is not that clearly OP overall, but situationally is OP, and in these cases, rushing a fix will not only imbalance the wrong rune, but a huge pool of runes that correlate to it somehow.

Edit: learn to hate your autocorrector.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Griffin rider still has Bastion of Mobility, FYI.

Had it prerevamp also (granted, Post-Revamp he can't have Tailwind + Bastion, but I don't think that was a conscious decision):

upload_2016-1-13_13-36-2.png

As did the Magnetic Rover (and also still has it):

upload_2016-1-13_13-37-51.png

So when you say "IS didn't have access" and "It was removed," I am not really sure what you are talking about.

The relic got it a LOOOONG time later.

Anyway, lots of stuff gets evaluated and lots of things happen with each patch. I am 100% sure that nobody can come up with a list of stuff that won't have something you disagree with or didn't like unless it was like.. 2 or 3 changes :D

So it's perfectly fine to give me feedback and such, I am not arguing against that. Just don't assume that everything is always going to be exactly what you think is right or that no mistakes will be made and act like it's such an insane situation. It's not.

DarkJello likes this.
  8. Sokolov

They are. We just disagree on what constitutes as "most out of line." And I also think that since you came back recently and wasn't paying attention, you may not have a good idea of what "most out of line things" have already been nerfed.

At any point in a game, you can jump in and point to whatever seems most OP and say "this should be fixed, fast." But as someone who has been here all along, what's left to fix is, to my mind, already not "most out of line" because those things have ALREADY been addressed.

Perspective differs here, that's all.

9. Sokolov

It really depends on what it is. Some things obviously stand out as needing to be addressed more quickly, but in many cases people nerf-call stuff immediately after seeing it in one or two games, or if there's ONE guy in the ranked queue playing something halfway successfully. But that feedback is still important, because when no one says anything, it's harder for me to know what people consider to be a problem.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Completely agreeing. Sometimes, people pointing out outliers from 2 games or calling stuff that one player plays really well should result in a change in the Meta, and not a nerf, in my opinion. If something alone is powerful enough to ensure a nerf, ok, but if the unacceptable power level is iteration-driven, the cautious approach should prevail mostly.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. Sokolov

upload_2016-1-13_20-0-11.png

Relatively quickly done (though still an effort) so I am sure there's stuff missing/incorrect. And given the "spot" restriction, some things are ambiguous (e.g. is Dreambox "spot anti-relic?"), and other things that might count can't be counted (e.g. Withering Fern). Of course, playability of said options is also a concern (some availability are also theme specific), but overall I think this gives a pretty good picture that most factions have access to a lot of "spot things."

Some things on there weren't strictly counters, but there were a bunch of stuff like that on your list so I kept/included that category of things as well.

Most of the stuff on these lists have been the case for awhile too, I'd say, and aren't really new developments.

DarkJello likes this.
  12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

FW is missing DMG and SPD debuffs and Cleanse though the Debuffs are pretty much restricted to witches as opposed to the faction as a whole.

13. Sokolov

Grim Well I put under CC/Movement, but it could also count as SPD debuff too in terms of actual gameplay since you are forced to go around it basically, or it becomes hard CC.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

IS has spot Anti-heal in Paladins (HBoV), Spell (Refute, sorta), Spd Debuff (Speed Trap), LoL (Might of Ironfist), Fearless (Stone Colossus, Veteran Barb)

15. Sokolov

So I wasn't sure if we should count Counterspells, as they aren't "spot" counters in that sense. On the other hand, there's stuff like Lifeshield and DMZ, which seemed specific enough to be counted. As I said, it's somewhat ambiguous.

Also, he specified non-champion runes, or we'd have a lot more things here.

Might of Ironfist is an odd one, but technically counts, but that also means we need to add that to UD too and possibly others.

UPDATED.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Bring back the total count ):

Also FS has spot ability removal in the form of Confuse (Twisted Emerald).

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

FW has Soul Reaver for Cleanse

18. Sokolov

UPDATED

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Unrelated but I find it kinda humorous that UD doesnt have possession. Thats kinda demons thing.

20. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

It's probably a good idea to keep an updated list on this stuff. I'd argue dreambox isn't spot because it cannot respond to relics, it needs to anticipate them. Anticipated X could also be a category to keep track of (as weaker than spot but still having access). Anticipated cleanse in FS, anticipated anti-equip in SP (crush), anticipated CC maybe? (thinking stunning repercusions, whispers of the mind, split personality), counterspells (FW/SL/FS/ST/IS/KF/SP(spellthiefressurection rofl))

Perhaps also 'on deploy' effects (seism, greeting, jab, disbelief etc)

Also consider spot detection a category (guard tower, symbiote equip from FS and some others).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.