The community should have the power to remove players from the Council

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alakhami, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Title speaks for itself.
    Issue with player Council in poxnora was always the fact that people that were there would represent the faction that they mainly play, which would lead to zealotry. Zealotry is inevitable from such people, since any human being attempts to preserve and increase his power. In pox terms, power is the power of his faction. Everybody wants their faction to be powerful and roflstomp **** right?

I'm still surprised that the devs haven't learnt in 9 years that such players prove to be cancerous for the balance of the game, yet it happens again and again.

2. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

out of curiosity, who are the current council members (and if they are tied to a faction, which faction?)

Faust likes this.
  3. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Dagda for SL, badgerale for UD, axeraiser for IS, yobanchi for FW, karmavore for KF ? I don't know if they are still the council member for that faction, but at some point they were. Pedeguerra, Taylor, Devilsrath were a member of the council, but I doubt if they still are.

Faust likes this.
  4. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

I love when these threads pop up, first of all you dont know how the council works. Second of all there are no factions specific council members. Third of all no individual has any more impact on issuing changes to a specific faction than the other members. As a result, lets assume for a second someone came in with their zealot hat on, for purpose of this reply we shall pretend its me.

I make a post and say Dwarven King is super overpriced and has been nerfed to the ground give him -15 nora now !!

Do you really think that, A) Sokolov will just automatically go ok Axeraiser you play IS you must know what you are talking about !! and implement it. or B) (and this is the bigger one) The rest of the council members will not immediately shut down that obviously zealotous request ? I mean, how ignorant can you be to think that, that is in any way shape or form how it works ?

Once upon a time there were faction specific members, Sokolov came in and immediately saw the problem with that and brought in a multitude of players from all factions to help with the aid of Senshu. I would say theres probably around 15 players on the Council now, and faction bias has never been less prevalent than it is now. I have as much say on the goings on in FW,KF SP etc as I do in IS.

Not to mention all changes get put in the Crate for the ENTIRE community to discuss for the most part before they are ever implemented, and a lot of changes come from the crate so if you feel youd do a better job than all the supposed biased Council members why not post there ? Maybe your opinions might actually get some merit and you might get put on the council, because all im getting from this thread, that your only real problem with the council is that you arent on it.

Every single patch has come with a plethora of nerfs to the majority of factions as well, most of which get suggested by a Council member that mains that faction.

And even at that Sokolov has the final say on everything, and trust me if anyone ever suggests a buff to a rune, he argues about as to why it should be buffed for the longest time, he has being exemplary at balancing this game as much as it can be done and issuing the changes the entire community ask for , not just Council members. Get off your high horse.

5. Alakhami

Yet that doesn't change human psychology or the influence of the Council. Council members were initially elected by the poxnora community, therefore, if it's democratic, it would be just for the players to have the right to reelect council members or remove them.

I guess it made you feel a bit nervous, after all IS is the most OP faction now. What have you done to prevent that from happening?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

That's very cool and all Axe, but let me just raise two points:

1) You said there are 15 members on the Council atm. Ok, but how many of those are really active? I'd bet there are probably 5 to 6 people who actually contribute. And out of those 5, 6, players, how many do you actually feel have a clue on balance? I know, I know - there needs to be various personalities and skills in there to help the development. That's awesome and all, but those players also make suggestions and, whether people like it or not, it's even easier for Sok to go through posts created on the Council forum than in here. That aside, I have 100% faith in everything you said regarding Sok - I know for a fact that he wont let things go rampant and whatnot, and I'm sure he discuss things until he is convinced. But you can't deny the fact that things being released are highly influenced by the Council, since those guys have access to previews on runes and discuss the power level of things. Therefore, they kinda dictate balance through releases.

2) Terraformer and Incite Rage still OP, and some genius thought it would be a good idea to buff Macadamize to 25 nora.

I rest my case.

Edit 1: I could do a more lengthy post regarding all factions, but I'm sticking to IS for now because, well, I was already talking about it. Either way, why does IS have access to: spot flight, spot removal, spot aura, spot heal, spot mega heal, spot anti equip, spot charge, spot damage prevention, spot summons, spot stun, spot impervious, spot relocation, spot domain, spot precision, spot anti range, spot vulnerability, spot anti stealth, spot global mobility, spot tremor, spot nora generation, spot cleanse, spot LoL damage, etc, etc, etc (I could go on but got bored)?
    Because people have not been on top of the faction, and are just ok with having a faction that has access to counters to literally every mechanic on the game on the spot, man. Thats a big no, no. And that falls on the Council shoulders too, because as I said they have a big role on runes not yet released.
    I am back to the game, and will be playing until it grinds my gears again, but come on, balance is not good man. It is way better than it was a year ago, but honestly its very far away from where it should be.

Edit 2: just wanted to point out that I'm not attacking a particular individual, I'm just saying how I feel about the whole situation.

SPiEkY, Goyo and Alakhami like this.
  7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Love your response.

[​IMG]

8. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Agirgis for balance president 2016
    #TheDream #I'llNerfIt#I'llBuffIt#HeroYouNeed

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Do you have a complete list of everyone on the council, or is this like Go Fish?

"Alrighty, we have a super-majority vote to remove @themacca from the council... is he on the council? no? Ok, next person."

BurnPyro, Sealer0 and Alakhami like this.
  10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

[​IMG]

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Kinda curious why you think Macadamize has anything to do with Terraformer or Incite and how any of the 3 have anything to do with a discussion about the council? The Maca buff happened back during the expansion patch as part of soks initiative to make spells, equips and relics more relavant. People are only just now noticing that it happened (Thanks Griffin Perch!) While council members did suggest some spells to be considered I dont recall Maca ever being one of them.

Unless a suggestion for a change is relevant to a discussion started by sok about a specific problem (Eg. Stormreader seems to be a problem. Any suggestions on taking him down a notch without removing him from the game?) then we make suggestions in the Cactaur crate like everyone else.

12. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

There is also all sort of logistical problems with this on top of the ones that @kalasle mentioned. Like how do you determine who "the players" are? What about alts? Okay, say it has to be someone who used a "different" account for purchasing at least $50 worth of owl gold, as then you have some way to verify it. Well then you are left with free players being disenfranchised.

I just don't think it is a rabbit hole worth going down, particularly since @Sokolov is the one who makes all the final decisions. If you have a problem with something, bring it up with him.

13. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

This just seems silly to me. Couldnt care less about the Council or who's on it, as they seem to just be a sounding board for sok to get some quick feedback on his ideas. And if I have a concern I just post in the Crate or make a thread like anyone else.

Lushiris likes this.
  14. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I dont care about the council but balance in poxnora has always been bad.
    I dont care if you hire ethiopian child workers,just work more(or better) on balance.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

So what I got from this thread is...

IS is OP

Got it.

JazzMan1221 and Alakhami like this.
  16. Alakhami

That's what I did?

17. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Never said you didn't. I'm just saying that I am satisfied with sok seeing ideas through threads and the Crate, therefore I don't feel the need to implement a system to impeach Council members.

18. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

What council members do you see as being so problematic they are worth impeaching?

19. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

The ones who share their opinions

Sealer0 likes this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If history taught us anything, voluntary work for Pox almost never did pay off. Hopefully times have changed.

My homeboy @MovnTarget stay strong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.