The expansion patch notes

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Nora That, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

So I read the patch notes about IS 1st (of course) and noticed nothing but nerfs.
    Additionally I noticed a lot of champs gaining a vulnerability for no apparent reason?!?!?!?
    what's up with that?

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Euan's random vulnerability makes me sad/mad. Faultbreaker getting one sucks. Drakon nerf was stupid as well. Two of them received no cost decreases.

IS got 7 vulns added along with FW. At least we're not SL who got 11.

Does anyone want me to post the alphabetize IS patch notes in here?

3. Leviathan

Leviathan I need me some PIE!

Yeah + we got moved towards 1 viable battlegroup only... I'm tempted to do IS/SL split which isn't equipment.. in unholy times like this why not^^

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It should be noted that Vuln is only 25% now and not 40%. I am reserving my judgements until I can get on live to poke around. Much easier to visualize things when I can play with upgrades and costs.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I probably won't use Faultbreaker with Vuln Magic.

6. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

that's not the right time to came back.....

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Drakon and Faultbreaker should have gone down nora. I know the notes are wonky, but Drakon was 90 and it is now 83? Faultbreaker was 91 is now 86.

If this is not the case let me know.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Drakon is 83 nora because Purified is so cheap. It was 90 with Tremor and Roar and still is even with Vuln Poison.

9. Sokolov

According to my notes, VOA made Drakon 90, and he went to 83 with this patch.

10. Sokolov

In any case, he still has a relatively high -MODIFIER even with this in addition to a 2x2 discount, so I am not sure what we can do with him. I am not going to make him -10 nora or something.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

He's 83 nora if you choose that upgrade. TR = 12 nora, Purified = 5. He went from 90 to 83 because Purified is 7 less nora. So Vuln poison got added on with no cost decrease.

Edit: Ah he had a modifier.

12. Sokolov

You can also say he got the decrease from Vuln Poison, but didn't get the full discount from going to Purified.

And he still has a high negative modifier.

He'd probably be 95 or so if he wasn't 2x2 and had no modifier.

13. Nora That

Why do the brews benefit enemy champs now? This is laughable. Wasn't the whole point of dwarven brews being toxic to anyone but them?

14. Sokolov

They have always buffed the champ but the Intoxicated effect debuffs non-Dwarves, etc. (it was not an enemy/friendly thing).

Is the Intoxicated condition bugged?

That said, it seems like a reasonable suggestion potentially for the buffs not to apply to enemies, but that'd be kind of awkward as well since now you have Intoxicated clause which is Dwarf/non-Dwarf and the other part is friendly/enemy.

Maybe it's better to make the whole into Friendly vs Enemy instead and change Intoxicated altogether (since that has its own issues with being both a positive AND negative condition in one wrapper).

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think he's referring to how the equipped champion gains +1 def and tough 1.

16. Nora That

you speak of modifiers then what have you to say about SL dragons? I can name about 6 of them who have higher dmg than most higher def than most more mobility than most more utility/survivability than most on top of having the sl shrine defense...
    If you're going to preach balance, then balance Bane Shift properly. For ALL factions. not just ones you dislike. you're going off on your faviritism tantrum again. And as we all know you were once fired for that Bane Shift

17. Sokolov

Yes, and this was the case before? I am looking at the old code and description and they worked the same way then too. It isn't a new thing that got introduced as far as I can tell.

18. Nora That

^ this and also grants enemy regen

19. Sokolov

I am pretty sure if you goto the SL forums you will see them complaining about nerfs. And no, I have never been fired from Pox :)

20. Nora That

There was a time when they didn't grant enemy any of the positive clauses and only intoxicated them