The Football Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by HardyGames32, Apr 4, 2015.

1. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

Which european football teams do you guys support and why? How are they doing right now? Where do you play on the pitch when you play football and why?

I'm from Australia but I don't follow Australian teams cause they're pretty godawful. Personally I go for Dortmund in the Bundesliga (extended family are from there) and for Sunderland in the BPL (first ever football jersey I got was a Kenwyne Jones jersey following his transfer from Southampton in 2007, he was a bit of a flop but still, it introduced me to the game)

Dortmund are doing badly for their standard, as they are usually up in the top four, we currently sit 10th having been on the bottom for a majority of the season.

Sunderland, as usual, are in the relegation scrap. After 31 games played we are one point clear of the drop zone.

It's ironic that my dad got me a Kenwyne Jones jersey, because I don't play up front often and I'm hardly a target man. I'm around 5"6' and I generally play holding midfield/ball playing midfield (Sergio Busquets type player) for my club but due to injury of others I have played as an attacking mid and a right back. I just finished my Futsal season for my school, scoring 1 goal and assisting 2 in my 4 appearances. It was a short season of 8 games and I was out injured for 3 of the 8 weeks. My football season starts in a few weeks time for school and I'm aiming to make the 1sts or 2nds team.

Let's get a nice lil thread going, I love football myself and would love to see how big of a thing it is to the pox community.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Argentina and the Dallas Cowboys depending on which football we are discussing.

3. HardyGames32

European, teams in US like LA Galaxy and Seattle Sounders

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I played football (soccer) for 17 years and have always loved the sport. The professional scene here in the US (MLS) I have always found rather lackluster, thus why I have always rooted for Argentina. Atlanta is getting a team though in the new ATL stadium that is only like 10-15 minutes from where I live so I will likely be going to a few games.

5. HardyGames32

Sounds sick! Yeah, MLS, much like the A-League here in Aus is just not as good as other leagues, but the MLS seems to be picking it up, with the signings of Giovinco and Kaka to Toronto and Orlando. Been watching a lot of MLS recently and it's really entertaining

6. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

Anybody that knows me, knows i'm an avid West Ham united fan! my blood runs claret and blue.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

based on the facebook posts i see every time your team plays, i can attest that he feels STRONGLY about certain aspects of the sport.

and also uses a great many words i think i'm not supposed to repeat.

HardyGames32 and Moles like this.
  8. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

American: Steelers English: Chelsea

9. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

MLS is a decent league and generally a lot of fun to watch. I live in Utah and support RSL. Not enjoying the change from 442 to 433 this year, our midfield diamond has been one of the strengths of the team and it kind of removes the defensive mid role that Beckerman has filled so well but hopefully it will work out in the end.

Besides the home team I've followed arsenal for years, they are a treat to watch when everything is clicking.