The Forge and shoebox buffs, one or the other or both?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by decondor, Sep 18, 2014.

1. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Ok, on my holidays I came to the idea that having a forge and shoebox buffs in the same game actually creates runes that are hard to get. What I notice as poxbox is that naturally when shoebox buffs are done the runes become high in demand. Now the problem with the forge is that people destroy all their 'useless' runes and make usefull ones, when those runes becomes in high demand there are simply not enough of them in circulation to have them traded (and I see also on my site that they are now faster fully drained then before the forge). Now this effect is not so big but when this continues it will be a vicious circle that destroys a lot of usefull runes.

Now I am not sure if this really is a thread to pox but I just thought to share it and am actually wondering if the greens condired this effect of the forge in combination with buffs etc

Woffleet, TheBulwark and Lushiris like this.
  2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

It is a good point to touch, and I actually thought of it a few days ago when I had to sacrifice many of my runes(I blame you for not having what I wanted in stock :p). It's an obvious issue when we see runes that aren't really played much with strangely high values in your site, but it's something that needed to be said so it can be worked on.

Anyway, I'm curious to know what you would suggest as a solution for this.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I don't see the problem. Use the Forge or gold to create the newly buffed shoebox rune. Secondly never destroy your last two of anything. Simple.

BurnPyro likes this.
  4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i only have problems where i have to buy lower rarity but all i can forge are exos and scapping exos to get them are not worthwhile

5. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Some of the old runes were incredibly "overstocked" before the forge was a thing. Which in return made the Core Set Packs very undesireable for most of us. Which in return made it difficult for new players to gain trade wealth to trade for the runes they miss to build the decks they want.

If things go by plan, assuming there is a plan, then the forge will help homogenising the availability and prices of runes. Making it easier for newcommers to enter the game.

Etherielin, paldirs and Goyo like this.
  6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Keep in mind that since there was gold-buyable runes, any time a Shoebox buff was done to a rune, it was either added to the goldable runes or it already was one.

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I see no problem with this and actually think it is a pretty good move by them.

As a player just do what Baskitkase suggests and always keep 2 of a rune and you'll be fine.

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I doubt this is a problem for c/u/r since the shard prices are such that you can make them as needed. Legendary shouldn't be a problem either as I cant imagine anyone being dumb enough to shard one. But for exotics I think this is proabably a valid concern. Its just on the side of not worth it to grind gold to make one in the forge. but they give enough shards to be tempting to shard one if you wanted to make ANOTHER exotic you were interested in. And you would do that regardless if you didn't already have 2 saved up. So I can see the exotic supply in the trader stores going down as a result (and the prices going up).

personal experience: Ive sharded every non FW c/u/r that ive gotten so far. I have yet to get a non FW exo, but I would probably rather use a non FW exotic in poxbox than shard it. I was tempted to shard the 2 exotic bone elementals from the bonesaw deck to help make a lerper but I knew the revamp was coming and held off from doing it. had there been no revamp I probably would have pulled the trigger.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It might prove profitable for DoG to do more shoebox buffs, since there will be less of the runes lying around and people will need to buy trade/craft fodder to get them.