The FS discussion - My thoughts and why there is an underlying problem.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Mar 15, 2015.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Yea I agree it was pretty well written.

Viva La Revolution

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Thanks

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Burn just graduated 3rd ban and wanted to show us his pro prose skillz.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

In my defense, I woke up and wrote this wall of text. I've found a lot of errors looking over it again, but I can't be bothered editing everything.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's good stuff bropryo.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

FS is so good the mirror is 6/4.

But seriously, goodstuff's versatility has always been its selling point. Playing power-whack-a-mole gets a bad rap, but tapping on the few standouts that let FS play at these extreme times would do work. I've had less experience and time going over Drown or Mushroom, so I'll talk specifically about Hippos. Their power is not just in relation to other spells, but in relation to the expected stats of champions. ~30 damage off of shrine + 1 font passes over a balancing point. That this is flat damage is especially important: it can be used as a cleanup tool from 60% life. In my more brief experience with FS, the strength of rushes fell most heavily on Hippos, and their enabling of swift and brutal swings in board presence.

7. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Mushroom is so insane that it would still be strong with 10 less hp and no vuln poison.

8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Mushroom 15hp
    Drown 85 Nora
    Hippos 7 dam
    Toad loses lethargic

9. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

With those changes it wouldn't b worth running in any way at all.

Not sure what the whole issue with the mushroom actually is. is it the damage it deals on deploy from the 6 damage cloud? is it the vuln it grants? the hp?

10. KingJad

all 3... The hp makes it good for contesting with its cost if it comes down to it. The damage on deploy is pretty significant and the amp + vuln is good.

11. Sealer0

Find me another relic that does as much as this one in a contesting scenario.

12. bagoftrick

you see, this is my issue. it doesn't really do anything. you need other units in conjunction with this one to really get any affect other than 6 damage on its deploy which then raises the issue of what you invest and what you receive and since you require a poison unit specifically in lots of scenarios the mushroom isn't viable. the actual issue isn't really the mushroom its what deploys it. From what im reading the issue really seems to be the toad and the mushroom seems to be riding the nerf train because of it and the idea of it doing a lot is that it does 6 damage? c thunderhead totem and a plethora of other relics.

13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Nicely done Burny de Pyro. I enjoyed reading it in its entirety.

Absolutely loved that you touched on consistency! Few people appreciate this aspect.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

A little over a week ago he also came to the FS forums for extra insight. #Dedication #Respect

15. KingJad

nah, first thunderhead totem is 15 nora of abilities and 15 hp for a total of 45 nora(it also has a drawback in instability but no listed nora price so you can ignore it). The foulest mushroom is 19 nora of abilities and 25 hp for 30 nora. it has almost a 1:1 hp to nora ratio which is frowned upon when champs or relics have this (see Sacred Temple).

Sealer0 likes this.
  16. bagoftrick

Its frowned up when champs have this to be more accurate. for example ive made a new relic for the game. its called the relic that does nothing. it has 30 hp. and costs 25 nora. no abilities. no basic attack. no means of movement.nothing. its just 30 hp. is it worth its cost?

17. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

This is kind of FS' motto, really.

Anyway, the main weaknesses of FS have generally been two things:

1. Little DEF reduction. 2. No Spot Cleanse.

There are a couple of issues with this right out of the gate. Lack of Spot Cleanse only really matters for a few key effects or situations, and most of the particularly nasty debuff abilities have become very expensive nora-wise. The current meta emphasizes the use of efficient stat blocks, which may exacerbate this particular point. But it is worth noting that FW is generally considered a stronger matchup against FS, and not really because of Drown's restrictions (though that doesn't hurt).

With DEF penetration as mentioned there's still ways around that anyway. Cones, Assassinate for the Firk BG, using Pirahnids with high enough DMG that they don't particularly care, or DoT/Ping application, which can slowly cut through HP regardless of DEF.

18. Sealer0

No, because sacred temple exists.

If you made a relic that did nothing and had 30 hp for 10-15 nora, it would probably be used simply because of how strong that was.

Also, if you think that mushroom does nothing, there must be something wrong with you.

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  19. bagoftrick

by its self the mushroom deals some damage. no poison units = no benefit. so the issue always comes back to what else is in play. not the relic.

also on my hypothetical situation, your making the assumption I deployed the relic in a font. what happens if I deploy the relic in the middle of the map where there is no font? how is it now strong? assumption again within the argument around the mushroom seems to be that the mushroom automatically deploys on a font. which it doesn't, the situation may demand its deploy away from a font which in turn diminishes its results after all as I already pointed out relics tend to not be able to move of their own accord.

20. Poxjedi

Poxjedi I need me some PIE!

Every faction has there good runes and combos. I think you can give a good player like Pyro a decent BG and he'll still win more games than a mediocre player like myself.

That being said, FS is the only faction i've played for years. Thanks to Pyro it's now the cool bandwagon faction for ego egocentric people who will play total cheese to win matches. I cant enjoy playing my faction and losing like I all ways do without people *****ing and crying about the op runes. Do you have any idea how infuriating it is to lose a match and have someone *****ing about your runes the entire time? In closing, I would like to ask Pyro to leave the swamp & take all the fair weather, band wagon FS players with him. Go pick another faction to exploit.

My qq is over, thank you & have a nice day.

Leadrz and doubtofbuddha like this.