The FS Meta BG I used to get to BM League

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by doubtofbuddha, Feb 4, 2016.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

It's strong. A few changes might make it slightly better, but I am pretty convinced regarding the champs. It has answers to a bunch of different problems and excellent spike damage without slowing down too much in the late game.

4NIK8, noamkeren and IMAGIRL like this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Needs more Pygmy Hippos.

33rd and Heart like this.
  3. doubtofbuddha

4. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

It's not FS if theres no hippo.

5. doubtofbuddha

Two Pygmy Hippo Stampedes is sufficient.

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I disagree.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Not "Hip" enough.

IMAGIRL and Heart like this.
  8. doubtofbuddha

k.

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

In all seriousness though, any particular reason for Massive Anuran over Hippo Rider?

Don't get me wrong, I quite like Anuran and think it somewhat under-rated (plus it reminds me of the much cooler "Toxic Anuran" name) but it just seems that Hippo Rider is generally better, even with the slightly lower DMG and DEF.

*shrug*

Obviously it worked well enough for you, and congrats.

10. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I feel like the whole "This bg got me to BM" isn't a thing anymore. Anyone can get to BM if they grind enough games. It's all about how much time you have to waste on grinding daily. I've seen BM players that have ratings of utter garbage. The status itself isn't impressive. Now if you got top 10 on the billboards in rating or top 20 BM status, then maybe it would be something to credit. I'm not trying to a be an **** about it, just saying the games ranking symbols/titles aren't impressive anymore.

11. doubtofbuddha

Fair enough. I did not play a bunch of games to get there. I am sitting at around ~1550 rating and am currently sitting at 30th in ranking (last time I checked).

Skullferno likes this.
  12. doubtofbuddha

It has a good combination of defense, offense, and hps. It is really good at winning 1v1s, better even the hippo, thanks to the combination of dot and a damage shield. Also massive leap is generally pretty rad.

13. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Hm, marsh song over noraweave?

I don't play FS, so I'm not pretending I know better than you, just curious to why you think marsh song is superior.

14. doubtofbuddha

Marsh Song can be cast regardless of the situation and can be cast over and over again without problem. Noraweave is only useful during engagement and only then if your opponent can't fall back slightly and punish you for casting the spell.

Ohmin likes this.
  15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Since Noraweave got nerfed I don't think it's really worth running at all. Marsh Song has pretty much always been useful.

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Maybe I am bad, but I use Noraweave in my Snaptooth deck and cast it every game.

It either always gens nora or zones my opponent out.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Noraweave isn't bad, it's just situational. You can use Marsh Song pretty much whenever you want.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  18. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

You guys are nubs. Marsh Song is only nora gen. Nora Weave is nora gen and is a combat spell.

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

No, it's either Nora Gen OR a combat spell. And that determination is largely left up to the opponent.

Nora Infusion is probably closer to being "both" due to the fact it's "Hidden until triggered." Though obviously it's got it's own downsides as well.
    It's too situational and map dependent in my experience, with not enough general pay-off.

If people enjoy using it, good for them, but I wouldn't be surprised if they could get better returns out of other spells or runes in general.

20. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Is it so situational because it only works on basic attacks?