The IS Paladin Monopoly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allyorbase, Aug 7, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

This can probably be filed under "not really a big deal," but, why are Paladins pretty much exclusive to IS now?

If it's for flavor reasons, I'm stumped. Paladins are just uber-knights... the creme de la creme among champions for some great cause. And if Pox Paladins differ from our world's definition of palatines/paladins, and are, instead, specifically devoted to Al'Mara or some religious order, then why are there a few random paladins in other factions -- entirely unrelated to the IS Paladins? Heck, a few of them certainly aren't friends of Al'Mara.

If the lack of non-IS Paladins is for balance... well... I don't think it's for balance. IS/FW Paladin splits weren't exactly wrecking meta before the revamp, after all.

I just noticed that a great many Paladins, especially in FW, were stripped of their (un)holiness in the revamp. If anything, traditionally-FF themes could benefit from some variety and split potential -- if for nothing more than keeping things interesting and fresh.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

IS kinda has the whole Holy defenders of freedom kind of vibe going on which is why they have more Paladins than other factions (Similar to why you find the vast majority of Paladins in MtG as being 'White'), but I can't think of a reason why other factions shouldn't have more.

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i mean once rugolth put a hotel on boardwalk it was pretty much over

TeaNinja, Nemorga, Nebron and 8 others like this.
  4. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

It did make me sad that kf and fw lost so many pallys in the revamp. But only ud and sp don't have any. I do wish the basilisk templar was a pallet tho.

5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Given that ST only has an oversized lady with a spear as its paladin representative, I'm not sure if having a couple more paladins would be enough even for a split theme. Although it would be OP to have a colossal champion with mark of Al'mara and all the healing IS provides.

allyorbase likes this.
  6. allyorbase

Yeah, I have never understood the ST Paladin. It's a giant, but it's also a Jakei; and it's also some mythical beast of legend. And it's a Paladin! And...

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

... how was she even conceived?

8. allyorbase

Honey-I-Blew-Up-the-Jakei.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    st3ck, Lushiris and Pedeguerra like this.
  9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

There's no good reason to remove the other factions paladins. There's no good reason that paladins got buffed last patch. There's no good reason for most of the stuff that goes down.

Folks, we can that random.

Dagda, theKraken, Sealer0 and 2 others like this.
  10. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

i'll take a jakei paladin =D

that champ is very odd over the years it was a giant, then a beast, now she's a demi-god paladin, jakei, barbarian lol...

11. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

SL I believe is runner up in paladins. If you focus on the consecrate side of things, you can make some awesome shaman/paladin/priest bgs that are split.

But yes, more paladins (that aren't LE) would be cool

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I've ran SL pals and it's quite seksi. Haven't ran it since VW lost dmz though since I can't counter champ reset.

Dagda likes this.