The Keeper of Souls

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by BigToastie, Mar 6, 2014.

1. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

Rune Name: The Keeper of Souls
    Faction: Forsaken Waste
    Race:
    Spirit
    Class: Shaman
    Size: 1x1
    Rarity: Rare
    Artwork
    : A 'demon like' ghostly figure (half of which looks less ghostly?) with a huge scythe in one hand, a set of keys in the other, with a darkened cage behind him.
    Flavor-Text: It has no allegiance to demons or undead a like, it simply phases in and our of the real world and the spirit world and torments the souls of who he deems as unfit for its ideal world.
    Nora Cost: 81

Champion Stats
    DAM: 11 SPD: 6, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 2, HP: 44

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magical
    Ghostly Visage
    - Target champion becomes incorporeal for 4 turns
    Torment Soul - Target Incorporeal Champion takes 6 magic damage a turn, this champion heals half of the damage dealt.
    Imprison Soul - Target Incorporeal Champion within 6 spaces becomes immobile for 4 turns and this champion gains +1 speed and +1 defence, the effect breaks early if this champion moves out of range.
    Binding Soul - While active, if this unit dies, target friendly spirit champion dies instead, this unit will be redeployed on that space with the champions current health (can't go over maximum health)
    Phase Shift

Upgrade Abilities:
    Surge: Spirit
    Teleport 1
    Swap: Incorporeal (
    target incorporeal unit within 5 spaces is swapped with this unit)
    (Can't remember skill name but turns inc units to normal)

Questions to Answer:

To encourage a healthy discussion and increase the chances of your Rune suggestions being selected please answer the following questions in your suggestion post.
    • What role is this Rune intend to fill?
      It creates an addition to the spirit theme, its entirely based round that, and it would have some interesting plays with his unique skill set up
    • Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
      New custom ability ideas, it's an idea of being able to manipulate champions both friendly and enemy, with incorporeal to benefit himself
    • How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
      It's near complete custom rune
    • How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
      It provides a new edge, it gives stuns, self resurrection, mobility, alternative damage and an ideal support champion in a spirit themed deck
    • What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
      It has a lot of interesting abilities which can be used on friendly (weak ghosts for a buff/health regen) , a controllable on death ability!

2. only

only Active Member

I love this flavorwise! Imprison Soul is a killer ability! +++ so a champion could be simplier since it has very solid base idea.

I will try my version of yours.

Keeper of the Souls

10 / 7 / 2-4 / 1 / 45 (spirit / shaman)

• Attack: Magical
    • Cast: Ghostly Visage
    Imprison Soul - Target ethereal champion within 4 spaces has its MAX RNG reduced to MIN and becomes Paralyzed (2) and Defiled (2). This champion gains +1 MAX RNG, +2 SPD and +3 DMG for 4 turns. (CD3, AP2)
    • Oblivion Shield
    • Sentinel

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  3. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

only just seen this, didn't get an update
    yeah this was one that I knew needed simplifying :)

4. only

only Active Member

update that one with an idea if pox would be without upgrade system.

5. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I believe the ability you're looking for is solidify.