THE META IS STALE AND THE MAPS ARE WORE OUT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OriginalG1, Jun 18, 2017.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

THE META IS STALE AND THE MAPS ARE WORE OUT

horrible likes this.
  2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Sok can you please hit your randomize button to make new stuff. Thanks

3. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Please drop the midterms that have been ready for almost a year at least please.

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Uneducated opinions are the most amusing ones to read.

Mursumies likes this.
  5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

it's almost like the last two times the game went limp for month-a year they didn't learn.

sigh....it's sad, seriously sad how often this happens.

I'll be serious with you in saying I don't believe I'd of ever left pox for the first time had these nearly year long hiatuses not been happening, i also think the player base would be significantly higher. At least we had tournaments back then though =/

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I LOVE LAMP

Edit: Oh this isn't just a random caps lock shouting thread? My bad.

OriginalG1 and Etherielin like this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Wait, there's this one map that this one guy made that's totes awes.

8. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I'm sorry but I hate every and all versions of that map.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I hope you were able to experience that map back when Excavator was at his height (well, post major-height minor-height), thats for whom it was built!

10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

To be fair, the meta doesn't feel COMPLETELY stale, but I haven't been facing good players recently (unless they are smurfs).

The maps suck ass. All maps should be 5 fonts imo, 3 minimum. The 2 font map is a disgrace.

11. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Stop.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

How about instead of people complaining that the meta is stale we all take the intiative of deleting our mainstream good BGs and start playing with our "For fun/experimental" BGs?

13. calisk

Already a head of you several months ago i took it upon myself to break the meta with such gems as the resistance kb bg, bog pearl nora gen, various split flying bg's and more.

These were me fooling around, though even the kb bg performed far better then i expected.

Now i'm even a bit bored of the novelty bgs, though i'm currently working on a few more fun ideas

14. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

First one to the top with a Skeezick Sniper wins.

15. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

The resistance was always insane though not sure you can take credit for it. Its like me taking credit for making 'the collective' meta about 2 patches ago when UD was strong.

Take how strong slam is. Pretty good. Put it on a spell aka psionic impact (which is run in tier 1 psy BGs) and it's literally broken. Now put it up permanently/toggleable and its (mega?) ultra broken.

On a side note its just that no one plays this game so no one plays the themes outside of their own faction. And no one plays SP realistically. I do recall this BG from ZWindkami like half a month ago though if that counts. Most people are meta/fotm players so theres no real opportunity for innovation for them since their BG making potential is directly tied to the amount of credits they have in poxbox. No point in trying to make a BG that may or may not work when you can just keep playing what's broken. It's up to the big boys with full collections to do that.

16. calisk

True i don't take credit for any rune but that particular deck i hadn't seen run before.

That said i wouldn't be surprised at all if someone had thought of it before, it was a fairly obvious deck imo

17. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I have been having fun with frostfall heritage, chronomancer and ice blocks with their supporting cast. Doing this with ST/IS split with lode Stone builder was too brutal.

The other fun one is I have been running an all kitty cat bg with furbulls. With fast friends and snowball it has been a hoot

18. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I do not like this map rotation for my style of FW, my main faction. I have been stuck playing SL, ST, and FS for easy wins for a year. I am sick of it. I play SP sometimes and that is cool, however SL and FS is so much more competitive. I am sick of fighting all these hidden veggie bg's as well, what are there, about 5 maps in rotation that are mostly vegetation? I am sick of it. It is not like the client is in top flight condition, we have not heard any thing about mid terms, drums of wars is inactive, the next expansion is ready to roll out and no drop date. Why would it be such a big deal to shake up the ranked map rotation? I am tried of playing bg's that win, over using the bg's I enjoy. It is more fun to play and win with cheese then it is to be mocked in-game for constantly losing with something you enjoy. But not much more fun. Losing in pox nora sucks and winning is an unmatched high, but winning with something you do not love produces the same feeling as losing sooner or later. That is the point I am at. Winning with bg's I hate because the bg's I love do not function well with this map rotation. It has been a year, I would like to see a shake up in map rotation.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    poxrooster likes this.
  19. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It's been years since I ran a good BG.

Gnomes likes this.
  20. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

I can support that, but why didn't you open with that?

OriginalG1 likes this.