The Nerfs I think FW could stand to take if

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by BansheeX, Mar 4, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

we get our new faction bonus :)

1. Lich King: Lose Surge spirit.
    At 100 nora I think it is fine for him to keep Obsidian shield for some survival. 100 nora champions should be able to take some damage. Getting insane damage on top of it should not happen, so Surge goes.

2. Shadestriker: Lose Surge Spirit gets +2 damage.
    His cost and the ease of gaining 2+ damage with 2 of them on the table is a little ludicrius. Give him a stable damage (he is still fragile) and stop the powersurging.

Was made 3 nora more exspensive

3. Coragh:Make him Unique (with every other 150K rune)
    Lets stop making very hard to get runes stable 2xauto and cut down on the everomming flow of Corags

4. PainCurse: Reduce range from global to 8 spaces.
    Global is mostly an unhealthy range, a few exceptions exist, but mostly globla is not a good thing on abilities.

5. Chopping block: Fontpowered
    It is far to easy to camp them behind the shrine and achive easy wins.

6. Ethereal Soldier:Remove Tough.
    Tough2 changed to Tough1, Reinforcement2 changed to Reinforcement1

7. Lichling: Lose Leverage: Lich. Gain: Laytrap Boulder 2
    Lichling should never had taken Dark Apprentices spot as a leverage champion and Lay trap fits the flavour of being a saboutour.

8. Mysian Lamia: +2 nora.
    She should not be in the magical 75 spot.

9. Domination: Needs a rework. Copy/Paste it with Enslave for the easy fix. (and then reduce Prestige to range 8. )

Ass allways input is welcome, but keep it friendly, constructive and flamefree.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think that ethereal soldier could use a bit more nerfing (losing his base aura) and that the following could be nerfed also:
    Vendetta: no essence capture and no refund on serkan, cost down to 30-25.
    Repurpose: to not stack
    General Korsien: too efficient with raider, not sure on the specs of normal sized general korsien to propose something
    Skeletal lerper: Incredible high damage output for a 69 nora champion, haunting visions triggers constantly.

3. BansheeX

1. Agree with no refund (fr all heroe equips) and a small recost. Disagree on Essencecapture.
    2. Agree (if it is codeable)
    3. Disagree. Korsien isnt really used and in both his instances he is not that great.
    4. Disagree. May do some nice damage (with visions) but speed 6, pretty fragile most of the time and looking at other factions melee champions Lerper is really nothing to fear.

4. alex2751

alex2751 Well-Known Member

In current state Lerper has amazing defensive abilities. Let's not pretend that evasive 2 is bad ability. Lot of other factions don't have such cheap champ with evasive at all. Beside shadowstrike makes him tough to be found.

5. jsat

jsat The King of Potatoes

Lich king--has no cone and no alt damage, costs 100 nora. his damage numbers do not get much higher than IS super range champs or augurs at 30% higher cost AND requiring setup runes to reach those levels AND he provides zero synergy/support. so his damage number is nominal against all superchamps. disagree on complete nerf outside a program of balancing.

2. shadestriker. surge is counterable but can be built around. numbers achievable in real circumstances not much greater than typical meta beasts in other factions.

3. e soldier/lerper/coragh: less strong of an opinion here, but let me ask fw players--how else are you managing to push out onto the board in a meta bg without the survivability/capability of these champs?

6. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

7. gillo

I'm surprised noone has mentioned the by far most efficient champ in FW atm.

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I think in general there should be a limit to surge abilities. cap at +5? Surge on the lich king wasn't a problem until a full lich deck became viable. So even if surge is ok on a champ now, chance are as its theme develops, it will be a problem eventually. So lets just fix surge.

I also think 'hide behind the shrine' is the most commonly used argument vs any relic with a global effect. Why not make ALL relics font powered. And then classify traps as their own rune type.

9. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I do not get what is so special about the 75n mark. Honestly, I hate when a FW champion is costed at 65n or 75n, because is 1n over the magical X4n spot for 4 and 5 cd. While I will not argue over the mysian lamia requiring a nerf, if I could choose, I would move one of her abilities from base to upgrade, remove that upgrade and move her to 74n. Probably removing soultap, moving souldrinker to upgrade.

My logic is the mysian lamia is neither a beater, or a tank, is a more champ control or harasser, hence abilities like shrinking scion, or blindfire define her role better than souldrinker (putting aside the vampire race), or soultap. In fact, soultap is deceivingly strong, as 2 or 3 champs with the condition generate 4-6 nora each turn (roughly, nora miner 2), a scenario that is not that hard to achieve with a long range champion. Then, backlash.

By removing soultap, we are removing a nora source that refunds the nora cost from the lamia, but also removes a potential combo. It also forces the player to enhance the harassing potential (if the player pick the two offensive upgrades, cripple and arcane dance), weakening his defensive power (no pawn, no lifedrinker), or the other way around.

10. BansheeX

Wich one would that be?

11. BansheeX

This makes a lot of sence and I would gladly go with that instead.

12. BansheeX

Because some relics besides traps would be useless with fontpowered.

13. gillo

Whisperghast

14. BansheeX

Its no where near nerfworthy. People tried to nerfherd it shortly after release but where burned badly by quite a few of the levelheaded good non FW players.
    The nerfherders gave up when they saw that non FW players defended it.

15. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

why I see suggests for nerf only in fw,
    all the other function work so great?

16. BansheeX

Perhaps we are the only ones levelheaded enough to speak the truth about our own faction ;)

I am preparing for what i think is invetiable. DoG will likely do some nerfs and buffs to even out the playingfield. Starting a thread about it in advance and making some reasonable suggestions might prevent overnerfs and help set the bar for what would be cool and playable. Other factions will proberly do the same as well.

17. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Whispeghast is ridiculously undercosted. Lerper is moderately undercosted.
    Paincurse and block nerfs are absolutely unnecesary.
    Vendetta, repurpose and korsien are not even remotely nerf-worthy.
    LK - not sure, we need to look at him after other nefs.

18. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

(A)
    Skeletal Lerper, however...is just undercosted and too efficient. C'mon. no arguments needed there. I always seem to lose in the long-run against this guy. Hits like a frikin truck for a Flying, Evasive, Shadowstriker with Atk:Magic. He's just really good.

At first I thot Skellie Lerper is a stealth, font-contesting, harassing unit that steals nora. But no... he's a 68Nora assassin. I say reduce damage, thats it.

(B)
    Tbh, I never have any problem with Lich King because he costs too much. BUT...if he got deployed first turn in certain maps, its DRAW-WIN. Lich King --> into --> Ethereal Soldier --> ez win.

I say give him Nora reduction, reduce Teleport to NORMAL movement range... 7-8 at most.... crazy speed. Especially for 1st turn.

19. BansheeX

PainCurse need to be range 8 if we ever want to see another champion with it (and we do)
    Chopping Block is necesary to nerf. It is far to easy to pull off as a wincon.

20. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Current paincurse is a nicely balanced unique ability for SP chops. Magelord with 8-range one would be meh, uniqueness would be lost - just a bomb in most cases and annihilate in rare cases.
    It can simply have ranks though, with first rank as n spaces on another champ, and global last rank remaining on magelord.

As for chops, I don't see them anywhere near wincoin. Even if you manage to chop a champ to death before it can act, you've just spent 50 nora, quite a big tempo hit, and likely nonoptimal antihealing deploy. Same can be achieved, for example, with hippos in 1 turn without any drawbacks.