The New Rarest Runes Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Exit, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Exit

Exit The King of Potatoes

So, at one time, a green posted a list of the actual count of various runes. I wasn't able to find it prior to the destruction of the SOE forums, but that post would clear up exactly which are indeed the rarest. Fortunately, I think one of the greens mentioned looking in to it again.

Personally, I figured that Polymorph would be a next to impossible to get rune in the DoG setup, although I know there are a lot of these out there. So after catching wind of the change to come on March 6th, I farmed enough gold to spend 99,999 on Polymorph.

I do admit, I had to trick the system by using some HTML-fu to allow me to buy one, since it was only available to purchase to those who already had one.

Now, I hadn't seen the post about the Limited runes going away and being replaced by Legendaries. I know in trading, Corhag (how ever spelled) would be far more valuable, but I've tried to trade for Polymorph before, but no one really would trade reasonably for it. So, I'm happy enough that I got mine before the change.

It seems from what I've seen that contenders for this list of truly rarest runes (number owned) would be:
    Ctharia
    Pyro the Patient
    Aria the Priestess

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

DonĀ“t forget Vallassa the Elder.

3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Haunting Spirit is allso pretty hard to get.

4. StringerBell

StringerBell New Member

The boghopper zombie is another tough one to get. (I'm not sure if the official rune name is Boghopper Zombie... site it down still).

And I always had trouble getting the Darkwing Swarm (Recolor of drakewing), but I think Soko ended up putting that back into rotation before he left.

5. only

only Active Member

I clearly remember one of the rarest was LE Firk Prophet even if that was a surprise. I would like to get some data just to see how many copies of Ctharia and 150k runes there are. like how is F2P grinding doing in Pox. especially, now that DOG took the wrong decision to treat Ctharia as "collectionary" stuff.

6. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

What about the 500k Ryv the Ruthless? That's so expensive I doubt people bought (m)any.

7. StringerBell

StringerBell New Member

Nobody actually paid 500k gold for those runes. They were available in limited edition bundles when new content was released.

Edit - So I guess my point is there may be more of them out there than you think. Certainly more of those floating around than Ctharia

8. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

All the 500k gold runes was released as a once only package if you bought 3 boxes with a prommise never to be released again(whatever that meens these days)

9. Lord Kinjo

Lord Kinjo New Member

It means: "Coming Soon" !

10. DeepClaws

DeepClaws New Member

And What about inquisitor Isran!? so damn hard to get!!

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Pfft I have two of those...

12. DeepClaws

DeepClaws New Member

:O how did u get 2!?!?

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have 2 of every IS unit across my various accounts.

14. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Class A hoarder

15. Lord Kinjo

Lord Kinjo New Member

If having 2 of every unit from your favorite faction is a class A hoarder, like Markoth (and myself, by the way), then what class does that make zealots like Stringer Bell, who I believe has 2 of nearly every rune in the game? Other than broke, of course.

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

We refer to that as either a S class. The only step above that is the Gainer class. ;)

17. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Does this imply you have more than 2 of every ironfist unit or that each of your accounts add up to 2 of every ironfist unit
    exactly

18. StringerBell

StringerBell New Member

I consider myself a completionist...

And I'm seriously a bit concerned about how I'm supposed to come up with 16 of the new owls (Renovators). I hope they end up being available somewhere down the line.

It's really going to bother me.

But hey, Pox lives on! Huge bright side and very excited to get the transfer complete.

19. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

dont you need just 2 since they work for all factions?

20. StringerBell

StringerBell New Member

I don't know how they work. I assumed they were like Harbingers. Same cookie cutter rune for each faction... therefore I thought I'd need 2x8 = 16.

Hey, I hope you're right Firk. That would make life easier.