The Noraless (Faction/lore idea)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrakeArron, Aug 21, 2016.

1. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

So first, before you ask I'm not posting this in the rune idea's thread because a: This is as much a lore possibilities discussion as it is a faction idea. And B: I have pretty much zero idea what the runes from this faction would look like.

So, on to the idea. It's safe to assume the the entire world of Pox Nora revolves around nora. Everything in the game requires nora at one point or another to be played. Lore says nora is used to enchant weapons, presumably every weapon in existance. It's also safe to assume everyone's bodies are infused with nora- which would explain why even the lankiest of moga are able to take a beating far above what an equivilantly armored human (of *our* world) would be able to. Theres even lore to suggest nora is used as currency.

So, my idea is... what if there were a group of people who were born without any nora at all in them? This wouldn't just mean they couldn't use magic, assuming my assumptions are correct- it would mean they would be extremely fragile. Considering how the world of Pox Nora is built with the assumption you have the strength of nora, this would likely mean anyone with the misfortune to be born without it would have to live in a society designed specifically for them. As anything from food (that is to hot/spicey/poisonous), to childrens games (think what dodgeball would be like if you were really sensitive to pain) would be unable to be partaken in.

It's also likely that holy people of any faction would imediately outcast anyone born without nora as they see it as a curse from the gods. Possibly even try to hide their existance (explaining why they haven't been mentioned in the lore so far).

Think of them as essentially having the strength we would have if we were teleported into the pox nora world... assuming that the strength of the units in the game isn't *at all* exaggerated for the sake of gameplay.

My idea is that these people are eventually brought together by someone, perhaps a kind being who has nora in them or a noraless who found success. And that they are then trained to be powerful enough to survive in this world. Eventually, they would also be strong enough to fight.. though using less conventional means- ones that require little to no nora at all. Think of this group like Batman compared to the rest of the Justice League... people without powers who find a way to match themselves in strength to those with them.

Something else to keep in mind is that these "Noraless" wouldn't just have to be human- essentially any race that is born as they are- and is sentient- could be a part of them. (So, draksar/skeezick would likely be out as from what I understand they go through a ritual to become their respective races, as would stitched).

So, what do you guys think? Does this look like a possible idea? It just was something I really wanted to bring up. And if you have any suggestions for what runes of this group would look like, please suggest them- I'm not sure about how they'd work.

Thanks for reading!
    -Drake

Woffleet, Tweek516 and Goyo like this.
  2. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

you mean like being a non-bender in a bending society? no not gays!!!..like airbenders :) that must suck some major dragonballs.
    so a bunch of captain americas?

borrowing from mtg,, and other players have mentioned, , closest thing I can think of would be to have factionless champs, equip and relics,,,, they wouldnt have a color , so all fac can use them simply by adding to bg and paying cost.
    some examples...
    like "the Senshus Sword of semi-Truth"
    flavor text: aside from the ancient text reading:"cannot give details at this time", no one was every really sure what this sword does." or
    Soks sling of nerfing: equipped champ does 10 dam or ,1 dam or 5 dam in random order,, then resets...
    flavor text: /moga banging sling with frustration. .."dam thing worked fine 3 months ago, who messed with it? "

maybe couple nuetral things peppered.., maybe, , but is sounds like a tuff sell.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    chris0024 likes this.
  3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Nora ingame it's a resource, so champions with 0 nora or summons that doesn't give you any noraglobe, from my perspective aren't empty of it.

What we would be talking about aren't zombies, or machines, like the ones we would call "lifeless" in our world, because in Pox Nora everything has some pressence of this energy, more like a property of the matter.

So a noraless being would be so strange to poxtanhuru beings, like metallic aliens to us, something impossible.

I don't like the idea for actual playable runes. Which faction would have these things and how would you integrate them ingame lorewise?

For a campaign it sounds amazing. Like a portal to a realm without nora, with your initial nora bank slowly depleeting and your champions slowly dying on this "nora void" world.