The Pox Nora Spotlight. This week with: Agirgis1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BansheeX, May 19, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    Monday morning once again managed to sneak up on me, so i better post this one :)
    This week I present Agirigs1. An up and coming legend or a temporary blimp on the radar? Time will tell :)

Name:
    Andrew, Agirgis1
    I made this name earlier when I was much younger and use it in almost all games, it’s really simple A for Andrew , Girgis is what I usually put on my sport jerseys and 1 because I always want to be #1 in what I do.

Egyptian, Born in Canada, live in Dubai

Student (or that’s what my dad thinks at least)

How did you come across Pox Nora:
    Few years ago I saw an ad for it while I was searching for yet another game to play

How long have you played:
    I made my account around 09 , and have played 2 months every year since then....this year being only time I’ve played more than 2 months in a row...( it’s around 2 months and 1-2 weeks now )

Favorite Faction & why:
    UD, when i first joined I looked at all the factions...And UD looked amazing, it was just love at first sight. Also tons of damage and hot demon women didn’t hurt.

What’s your goal in Pox Nora?
    I think a lot of people already know i aim to be the best at Poxnora , and every day i understand exactly how far I am.. But with every defeat i try to learn and improve... i figure if i lose 1000 more games ill be pretty close.

How do you work to improve your skill in the game?
    I asked people for help, earlier on every time I lost id ask the opponent why he thought I lost, and this helped me improve very quickly. And till now I still ask top players for advice. Other than that and doing my best to understand the game , it’s just queuing up in ranked and playing over and over again loss after loss.....Losing hurts sometimes, even more when many want you to fail, but everyone needs to understand failure is the quickest way to success.

Favorite part of Pox Nora and why:
    The ability to outwit the opponent, every stage of my progress there has been something I just could not beat and I’d be very mad about how unfair it was. Only after I improved enough to beat it I really appreciated how much skill really mattered.
    I also love the competitiveness, the fact that people rage after defeats shows the passion they have for the game... When people get used to losing and stop being annoyed by it, they stop improving, don't get me wrong losing is helpful but it has to drive you to learn from it.

What is your best tip to give to new players:
    Just play and enjoy the game, you will get good in time if you really want to. And don't over celebrate your victories, or beat yourself up too hard over the defeats... both will equally crush you.

Hobbies:
    Basketball , I’m currently in my uni's team , Chess... there was a time in high school when I got bored of basketball and just spent all my breaks playing chess as a way to pass the day ( I really wanted to go home and do nothing).. at first all my friends thought it was weird , but over time i became really good at it and they joined in too!
    And lastly Business... since around 6th-7th grade I would go home everyday after-school , completely ignore my homework and read business books , watch videos about it, update myself on the news about the business world... as you can guess this really made me get bad grades.. And at first my father was really mad, until he saw how much i really loved it. I also love to learn things I find interesting.

Link to request list and archive of old Spotlights: http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgame...-nora-spotlight-archive-and-requestlist.2387/

xRugolth, Agirgis1, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  2. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Who is this?

Vote Kanye 2020 and Agirgis1 like this.
  3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

He's a relatively new player, but already stomping limited league face.

4. Regulate

Oh ok, never heard of him thanks

Does say he's been playing for 5 years though!

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

like i said, relatively new.

6. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

2 months every year ..... so ive been playing around 1 year actually :)

7. Regulate

I just counted up the amount of days i've played games on- although i first signed up over 6 years ago i've only actually played for about 4 and a half months.

Just in case anyone was curious

8. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

By adding all the gametime from the individual games together manually?
    *mind blown*

Alfodur likes this.
  9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

no, counting the days in which he actually played, like march 3 2011 + march 4 2011 +.... = 135 different days

10. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Hahaha. Anyway I feel that if you dont know gir gir yet....soon you will. He is a great guy and already better than most of the try hards. Including me ;-)

Agirgis1 likes this.
  11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

KING OF THE DEPTHS!

Wrong guy?

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Greetings Canadian Egyptian that lives in Dubai and worships the dark forces of UD.

Enjoyable read. +1 to you sir. Conquer and such.

Agirgis1 likes this.
  13. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

hehe id never disrespect all the great UD players before me by labeling myself something like that , so yes wrong guy :D

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I might have to take Agirgis1 off ignore in game. Give him another chance.

15. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

agir is a funny guy.

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

kid has potential

DarkJello likes this.
  17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I beat him

Then again I'm only not No. 1 cause I'm so lazy

#Bumlife

18. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

He blows with the walkthrough decks

DarkJello and Agirgis1 like this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Someone wake me up when agirgis gets good.

Or when Pox becomes balanced, whichever comes first

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  20. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

So, during the end of the world