The proposed Carouse revamp

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, May 9, 2014.

1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Carouse
    Currently, Carouse is on every single dwarf in the game ( this made me lol cus its actually NOT on so many dwarfs ), as I poitned about before, its even on the Scorched Dwarf. Its an example of an ability that has blurred the lines between theme and Racial.

Blacklabel Brew (current)
    Equipped Dwarf champions gets +4 HP, +1 AP. If the Dwarf is a Drunken Thug, Brawler or Brewmaster, it gets an additional +1 SPD, +4 HP, +1 AP and an addition rank of Resistance - Physical. All other champions get -1 SPD, -1 DMG, -1 DEF and lose all AP when equipped with Blacklabel Brew. If there are 5 or more friendly Dwarves equipped with Blacklabel Brew those champions gain 1 rank of Resistance - Physical.

Carouse (current)
    Target friendly champion within 1 square is equipped with Blacklabel Brew. This ability is removed upon use. Equipment generated by this ability costs 0 nora.

So there another problem here, the reason to have a Blacklabel Brew in your BG is somewhat diminished. Carouse is going to only be on a few champions. The idea is that racially, dwarves love getting drunk. Thematically, some Dwarves pass out beer!

Carouse (Revamp)
    Target friendly adjacent champion is equipped with Pale Brew (equipped champions are Drunk). If this champion is equipped with a brew, it will give out that brew instead. Equipment generated by this ability costs 0 nora.

Drunk (new condition)
    Dwarves gain +1 AP, +4 HP. Brutes gain +1 dmg +1 def and +6hp. All other champions lose all AP at the end each turn. Constructs cannot become drunk.

Blacklabel Brew (Revamp)
    Equipped champion is Drunk. While drunk, equipped champion also gains +4 hp and 1 rank of Tough

Dwarves like the Brewmaster will have Carouse for sure. A few others will get it as an optional upgrade. Again, while not all dwarves have Carouse, they can benefit from it. Also, we have room to add more kinds of beer in future expansions!

Quoted from the revamp preview 3 thread, thoughts ?

Woffleet likes this.
  2. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I've been wanting tough one included in brew as opposed to the physical resistance (which never seemed to work anyways), and room to add more brews with different effects, which this seem to open the path too.
    Cautiously optimisitc.

3. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

cool. If you equipped brewmaster with black brew would he hand out 1 or infinite?

4. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

ok so conditions/descriptors aside

Pale: +1 ap and +4 hp
    BLB: +1 ap +8 hp and tough 1
    if a brute add an additional +1 dam, +1 def and +6 hp

Im assuming brute is a new class similar to crone.... not a real class but a class like descriptor instead of an ability type. either way this is making me interested in making a drunk BG.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Depends highly on how available and viable champs with carousel are.

It was never good enough of a racial to find its way into your deck for reasons other than happenstance, so what's to lose?

I presented the idea of different brew types (red label, blue label etc) a couple years ago so the possibility of that happening is cool.

The theme has potential in several ways, it's up to Owls how that materializes.