The revamp effects on our themes

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by mahesar, Jun 26, 2014.

1. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

Hopefully this will turn into a quick reference to broad changes through out our faction. Mostly I'd like to keep it to changes that affect a theme. Specific champs discussion is fine as long as it centers on a thematic impact, and not just the champ as an individual. Nora costs are not considered, just ability/upgrade changes they pertains to abilities. I'll add things tot he OP as I see them and have time.

Bleed/Life Siphon/Vampyres

Creep
    Currently there are not enough champs with creep to run the theme.

Lich

Skeletons

I didn't notice a specific change at the theme level, but a lot of the champs got interesting and useful abilities, so over all I'd say the theme is stronger than it was before.

Spirits

Stitched
    Some of the ability shuffling is a little off in my opinion, but all in all they seem to have mostly dodged the nerf bat. They even got a little more alt damage.

Witches

Zombies
    Most of the zombies seem to have lost Zombie Apocalypse, and ZA lost latch on as well.

I don't own every single zombie to check, but it looks like we'll be relying on a very small number of our champs to get the final hit to trigger the swarm. A small boost.. Mysian Necromancer now has summon Festering Corpse, so she can be in theme and give some much needed range damage.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

at first glance it looks like skeletons will be comboing rabid (broken bones, voidhowler, crossbones, crawler) and black death (reapers and rifleman).

bonewing seems fairly useless now (is that range 1 for real?) and magister is way too expensive to run for spell blockade (imo)

shatter options seem to be the animated blade or the lerper (librarian has to choose between shatter and its mobility abilities like portal and teleport so its fairly useless now imo)

decayed merc lost sunder so im thinking its a bird for detection over the raider

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    Joker likes this.
  3. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Huh, bleed was originally an UD ability and only worked on demons. A vampire would not heal from a blood ball, but neither take damage because BotU. Much, much later it was changed so vampires would heal, and have been that way since then (2 or 3 years ago, I think), so it didn't got any change on this revamp.

4. mahesar

I forgot the bold the important part. The balls used to heal/damage for... 8 hp I think it was? now it's 50% of the damage of the attack that caused the blood ball. That makes them a viable healing source now, and it's boosted by greater vampirism.

5. Shimaru

For Pete's sake, this site have not been updated in like a year or two, and you can clearly read it always have been 50%, and healed vampires and demons. Nothing was changed on that ability with the revamp.

6. mahesar

Has it been wai then? Because I can't remember ever seeing a difference on the amount heal based on the attack damage.

7. Shimaru

You're right, the rest of the world always have been wrong. Yeah, the game was bugged and only healed for 8hp, whatever.

In my experience, it have been working like that, and champions healed for variable amounts based on the base damage on the champion. But you're right, the game was modified on the revamp, keep going.

8. mahesar

I wasn't being sarcastic.. I haven't played my siphon bg since before BoW came out so I admit I could be remembering wrong. I just can't remember ever seeing variable healing from the balls. It seemed like the balls from bleed, blood magic and orb of deceptions all healde the same.

It is certainly working as stated now. They also cause diseased/inhibited now. That's definitely a change.

9. Bagellord

Bagellord New Member

Check out Lost Queen :0 its not all bad

10. DrNiles

DrNiles Member

I play Zombies almost exclusively these days, and my initial impressions aren't totally positive or negative, mostly confused.

The first big surprise was seeing the theme LOSE two three

EDIT: I actually just realized that High Warlock isn't a zombie anymore either. That's it! All is lost! I'll be in my trailer.

EDIT 2: I must be sleepy, because I only just noticed one more: Essence Devourer, no longer a zombie, but a troll?

four pieces - Crypt Guardian,Ghoul, Essence Devourer and High Warlock are no longer zombies. I liked Crypt Guardian, so it's a bit disappointing - not a huge loss, but it certainly went against my expectations. I figured some old, unused non-zombies were going to be added to the theme.

Zombie Apocalypse is also much more uncommon now, and there are some strange choices as to who gets it, whether it's a base or upgrade ability, and what upgrades it's competing with. That said, it's not as bad as I thought - I assumed you needed 5 zombies with Zombie Apocalypse deployed, but the way it's written, it's actually that as long as you have 5 zombies of any kind deployed, the ones with ZA will be able to swarm.

I have some other issues but I might just make a separate thread about it.

11. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

FYI, witches, IMO, are a lot stronger now thanks to Elsari Magelord being only 68 nora now. Pain Curse is still a great ability... abuse it while you can.

12. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Not all of them get Coven now though... :p

13. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Witches: Elder Bloodbinder, Dark Enchantress, Archfiend are now considered witches. I have always liked Elder Bloodbinder, so I might give her a good shot.

14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

what about lich bg?

15. Bagellord

Bagellord New Member

Seriously, regal Presence on the Lost queen. How is nobody ecstatic about this yet

16. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I don't know at the moment.

However, all my interest in actually playing my beloved Lich deck died with Serkan. :(

17. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

For the record. There are now not enough champions with Creep for a creep theme.

18. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Amazing. Taking a shoebox theme and wtecking it entirely

19. mahesar

I guess they thought giving them all undead now would somehow keep it a theme. :rolleyes:

20. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

It was literally "for the record" by the way.

Really disliking people who thought everything was going to be perfect right off...

XFurionsX likes this.