The Shiny Horn

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JaceDragon, Feb 6, 2015.

?

Do you want the shiny horn back?

Poll closed Feb 13, 2015.
  1. Yes please give it back now

18.3%
  2. No i hated the shiny horn because i hate IS, I already know this answer will not be considered

23.3%
  3. Yes, but only when deploy a champ or capture a font, i want the shield when some1 try deploy a relic

25.0%
  4. ISisOP

33.3%
  1. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Let our voices (and our horns) be heard!

nico likes this.
  3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

ShinyHorn.wav

SaintKiwi likes this.
  4. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

bring back the shiny horn!!

also im sorry jace i didnt know it the signature its yours, my respects to you and your crusade it will be an honor to help and support the noble cause of our stronghold. if you allow me

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

How do you expect me to give my honest opinion when there is an IS is OP option requiring my vote?

Etherielin, SPiEkY, Sealer0 and 2 others like this.
  6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Clicked it asap.
    Looks at post.
    "Isisop means yes"

The election was rigged man.

7. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

I don't even play IS but I always kinda liked the horn sounds.

8. JaceDragon

You voted yes, the support has be done.

BUT the battle goes on, @Wraith you can't ignore the 19 players who want the horn back.

edit: @nico i'm still waitng for the right in your sing :(

9. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Let me be clear, i hated the SOUND it makes, you can have the shiny horn, but don't add the sound again for the Firk sake.

chickenpox2 and SaintKiwi like this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]

IMAGIRL likes this.
  11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

12. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

upload_2015-2-6_23-19-19.jpeg
    Really liked the new movie.

Attached Files:

SaintKiwi likes this.
  13. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

As I've said before, I can give you back the horn on font capture, but not on champion deploy (this would be a misleading visual queue). However, I'm still not convinced this is the best option. This feels more like you're pushing for nostalgia value than anything else.

At least give me a good argument for returning the horn other than but I want it :D

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Are the champion deploy and relic prevention animations linked? If so then I can understand. If not I dont see why having the horn on deploy would be a misleading cue. Maybe its simply because the shield on deploy is new and therefore unfamiliar but from where I am standing it is less clear to use the animation indicating relic prevention in multiple ways.

15. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

Any animation indicates something has happened, and the horn playing on units moving into the zone should indicate something is happening to them. I dislike adding such an animation with no game effect to back it up.

Side Note: Yes, the horn for units (not the capture one) and the shield have a shared code space, so if I wanted both I'd have to rig something. In addition, the triggers for units deploying and moving in a zone are not that simple, and rigging all those extra triggers for a merely visual effect is bad design.

16. JaceDragon

Why should a shield give me the idea i can't deploy a relic?

"The shield protect you from da reliczzz!!" you can say.

"The horn advise me how stupid is my opponent who is trying to deploy a relic" i should answer.

It is nostalgia? Yes in part, but i still feel the horn is more flavor than a shield for IS. We are the dwarf, mountain dwarf, the most medieval faction in Pox and a war horn is what rapresent more the "Look i'm going slap your face with my hammer".

Now, i ask you the same thing though, why should we take the shield? And why didn't you ask for this before doing it? It's something i think all the IS community would wanted to know, and myabe discuss.

17. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

I actually wouldn't play any animation/sound when you deploy a champion, because there's nothing actually affecting them.

Wraith likes this.
  18. JaceDragon

19. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

And why is that NOT a valid reason?

Games are built so that people want to play them. Game elements are there because people want them. Of course, you can't just give players everything they want, however they want it, all the time. But that hardly seems like an issue for this particular case, does it? So, wanting something counts as a good reason.

What do you even consider "a good argument"? What would that look like? Surely you don't expect people to break it down into detailed psychological explanations over a minor sound/visual feature.

Clarification: I don't care one way or another, but that line stood out to me because I see this all the time. Dismissing something because "it's just something someone wants". Even if they provide some argument, the base for all of it is STILL the fact that they want it (though it is nice to accompany that with some explanation).

drathys likes this.
  20. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

What he meant was that the horn is an incredible feedback of nothing, and players may get confused. Nothing more, nothing less, don't get fired up!;)