The State of ST Post Patch 21/5

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by HardyGames32, May 21, 2015.

1. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

So there's obviously a lot of negativity surrounding ST at the moment and it is generally perceived as being relatively weak, and while I would agree that ST is not really top tier at the moment, we can still take many positives from this patch.

Positives:

-ST's range has been very lacklustre recently, but as of this patch it's taken a massive jump in the right direction. Starseer is looking good at 68 Nora, and is a very strong backlash choice. Frost Queen is back, and regal precense is a fantastic boost for Jakei. She's not too expensive at 78, especially for a 7 range champ with a DOT. K'aeyun is strong , and exploit is a nice addition to a multiattack champ, would definitely include her.

-Frost Amp got a boost, with a range magic champ with amp being added in the form of Jakei Shaman.

-Phoenix is back b*tchez

-Azaren received very slight compensation for his over nerf in the previous patch, as tusk now comes in with resist: 3.

-Aspect of Infinity is quite good now. 80 Nora is expensive but soften and dark favour is quite a kit she brings with her, and is a decent font runner.

I'll let @Pedeguerra provide you with the negatives, cause he seems to like that.

All in all I think ST came out of this patch pretty well, what are your thoughts?

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Jakei shaman was a bad change because she was already in a good spot for a theme and now she's just being changed for a meta deck.

K'aeyun looks interesting so I'll give her a shot

Jakei Queen she was finally changed to be a decent include +1

AoI still seems like a worthless include at 80+ nora for a passive champ especially with how there are plenty of cheaper champs that are much more capable.

Tusk change was obviously a buff but I don't think that's even worth discussing

Phoenix was already back I love the way the upgrades have shifted to make him cheaper though. Would be better if he still had damaging potential with frost aura on base.

I'd say all in all this was a pretty meh patch for ST not really any notable changes

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

To each his own. Point of view is just that, point of view. If someone reads your post they will think this was the best patch ever for ST, and it wasnt.
    I personally think the patch was terrible and doesnt help any ST themes in any way.
    The only good change is JFQ, but even then I dont think shes on par with the best ranged units on other factions.
    Either way, 4 ranged units were buffed simultaneously, why not buff a tank or a beater or a harasser? People were completely clueless on this one.
    So, state of ST post patch? Same, if not worst, because other factions had better buffs than us.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I don't really compare buffs with other factions because I can't handle that. All I see is Shardseer being OP and nerfed in the next patch, and Aspect being totally garbage. No change to Ferren, no tunning to NKD to be FUN TO PLAY, Strig 100% ignored since the revamp. Split equipments not being useful in FF, just MEH...

I will have fun with Shardseer until next patch...

5. Pedeguerra

Im not seeing Shardseer opness, sorry.

1) Her cheapest build is 76 nora for a Multi 1 10DMG champ that probably wont be CCed to the point where you need cleanse because of her long range;
    2) With Multi 2, where she really starts to shine, she is at 78 nora, which is hardly called "efficient" on this meta.

Good ranged option, but hardly OP imo.

Edit: JFQ with only 4 abilities is WTF level of clueless.

mortal ix and KingJad like this.
  6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Before Tundra Whisper lost Multiattack1 you could buff Savage Tundra units. You could do 2 attacks for 4 AP with Diplomatic and Adept. That was very powerful. Now you can do the same without any setup, at 3AP and 6 range.

It might not be OP in terms of broken, but of super powerful at any risk.

7. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

you've mentioned the shaman a few times now, i'm pretty sure she didn't lose access to anything, so what exactly didn't you like about the change?

8. KingJad

tagged you in a post in ST forum a few hours ago regarding her.

JellyBerry likes this.
  9. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I was second guessing myself thinking did I remove something from her without remembering? I know when changing her I mentally made sure she still had access to her crystal stuff.

No need to apologise though!

JellyBerry likes this.
  10. KingJad

but thats a goodstuff bg every faction is fine if you play a goodstuff bg

mortal ix and Beasts for life like this.
  11. Pedeguerra

To be honest most skilled players can get to top 20 with any meta bg and stay there for a while due to small playerbase and rank decay no longer active.
    This hardly says anything about the faction post revamp, except that it has a strong meta bg, which all factions have.

12. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

@DMrBadguy The statement that ST is in good place doesn't sounds too well heh...

We got a fight as a faction to get our themes revamped because most of them are non playable or even non existent. Hope you understand the hostility toward that statement :)

13. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

why does everyone use hoarfrost dragon ??? and why don't i see why it is good ?

14. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

FF ST doesn't seem to have great options. I think it was calisk that brought up yeti conqueror and using unleash. I could see maybe someone like a lonx chieftain eventually getting there after enough relocates or atleast picking up some regen, and he has good range to stay safe while getting damage for the quest damage. That is all just theory crafting, no in game experience with it.

15. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

yeti was my originally idea for making use of the spell, but it is one of those situations where you are putting all of your eggs in one basket. no matter how you look at it you are investing alot of nora/runes to pull off the combo for what is still less effective then a simple zealotry.

by all means I'd have a lot of fun trying to pull it off, but it would bite me in the ass more often then not.

16. KingJad

doesn't it always. Clearly using channeled violence in combination with this on a draksar champ is the best way to go if you ask super71.

17. KingJad