The Unofficial FS Combo Thread

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by attio26, Jul 5, 2014.

1. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

A full list of all potential 'combos' available when playing with Forglar Swamp. Please post in the thread with a contribution and I will add it to this first post. All unaccredited list items are my own contributions.

THE LIST

Poison;

- Augurs of the Deep with Poison Clouds.
    - Massive Anurans + Poison Clouds.
    - Sludge Wurm, Darkmarsh Defiler, Sporegill, Tidemaster and Tidemaster's Bandoleer all offer amplify poison.
    - Lay poison trap + flood. You lay a trap behind the enemy unit in the direction it will be knocked back, then walk away before you end turn so you don't take damage. - Leadrz
    -
    Distraction + Pulsing Globule: When a champion is distracted it can't use the ability toss so the globule will cause it's damage. - Makorov
    -
    Fire Volatility (Sixul if FF) + Swamp Worts + Poison Cloud (or Cone, etc.) Essentially, make use of Poison Cloud to trigger Volatility by turning it into Fire damage. Keep in mind that making it Fire damage will keep things like Poison Charge from helping though (though Fire Charge should, if you're running a split). - Ohmin

Pyschic;

- Firk Mind Shredder + Psychic Jab. - Flyingfinn
    - Firk mind shredder + concealer's nightfall to have an invisible pinger. - GabrielQ
    -
    Two Firk Psy-Sentries together protect eachother with their Sentinel ability.
    - Firk Behemoth + Firk Mindshredder: The ability 'ping' activates Firk behemoths psychic vigor, that's extra 4 ap in a round potentially
    - Psychic anguish allows soul feast and soul seeker to be proc'd regularly in psychic BG's.

FF Meta;

- Pygmy Hippo Stampede + Darkmarsh Instigator with Battlemaster.
    - Sixul can Flame Siphon himself to damage enemy units by activating Fire Volatility. - ToxicSwamp
    - Firk Mind Shredder + Concealer's Nightfall to have an invisible pinger. - GabrielQ
    - Soulsphere + Backfire. The only way to counter Soulsphere is with aoe damage, drop a Backfire after you deploy Soulsphere to protect it from aoe spells.
    - Marsh Songs + Nora Drain.
    - Two Firk Psy-Sentries together protect eachother with their Sentinel ability.
    - Whirlpool + Flood - Jeeperz2
    -
    Slam/Pull + Hungry Mire - Jonesy23
    -
    Pygmy Hippo Stampede/Feeding Frenzy to proc Psy-Sentry's Flanking Ability.
    - Turtling with Glowing Slider and then using him as an obstruction for knockback.
    - Tome of Arcanis on any wizard makes spot metamorphosis (Particularly useful for Firks) - Skullferno

Aquatics;

- Monsoon/Soak the Earth + anything with dive for surprise maneuverability.
    - Feeding Frenzy procs Surge; Aquatic on any champion that has it.
    - Anything with Trail; Slime procs Semi-Aquatic and Aquatic so champions such as Glowing Sliders and Sludge Wurms can be used in Aquatic BGs.
    - Whirlpool + Flood - Jeeperz2
    - Pirahnid Warrior + Feeding Frenzy. Battlemaster and Vigorous Cry gives you 5 pirahnas with up to 7 ap and 11 damage.
    - Surge; Aquatics + Feeding Frenzy - The fish proc Surge.
    - Boghopper Mentor + Feeding Frenzy - 10 extra damage with boost - Boozha

Splits;

- Nora Seep + Soul Collection/Wake the Dead.
    - Nora Well + Champions with Resonance e.g. Tortun Corsair/Woodland Jester. - cf66
    - Paralytic Strike BGs (recommended to split with SP) can be carried almost single-handedly by Tortun Inventors.
    - Sixul can Flame Siphon himself to damage enemy units by activating Fire Volatility. - ToxicSwamp
    - Monsoon and Boil make for a deadly combination. - Flyingfinn
    - SL/FS Mangleshell, x2 Thunder, x2 Nora Drain, x2 Corsair. Basically if the cogs get spinning in the bg, your opponent never makes any nora - Skullferno

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Firk Mind Shredder + Psychic jab

3. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

Guys please do contribute it'll be useful for us and new players

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Firk mind shredder + concealer's nightfall to have an invisible pinger

5. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Monsoon and Boil make for a deadly combination

6. ToxicSwamp

ToxicSwamp The King of Potatoes

Sixul and Flame Siphon could be one. He Flame Siphons himself, Fire Volatility activate to damage champions around him.

7. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

Updated with new additions, please keep contributing.

8. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Whirlpool plus flood?

9. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

explain? for knockback?

10. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Ur not supposed to tell people about that :(

11. jeeperz2

Lol I started doing it like 4 years ago so I don't care much.

12. jeeperz2

Well flood knocks them back and whirlpool doesn't allow it so it does like 5-10 damage I don't remember. Basically you can make a knockback deck revolving around whirlpool and whirlpool + flood + poison cloud will probably deal about 30 damage or so and you can do it to more then 1 champ at a time so its pretty effective.

attio26 likes this.
  13. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

Thanks Jeeperz, i'll put it in the thread just as whirlpool + flood :)

jeeperz2 likes this.
  14. jeeperz2

Try not to completely explode it in lobby chat its a pretty op deck if you know how to use it right very complicated if you don't and I didn't lol.

attio26 likes this.
  15. cf66

cf66 Member

I've got an amazing Split combo that also works in FF but is just better in KF/FS

Main Combo

Woodland Jester Or Tortun Corsair + Nora Well

The idea behind this is the fact that Nora Well generates nora both players and this triggers Resonance.

With two Wells up the champs get +16 DMG

This works best in a beast BG for obvious reasons.

P.S I feel by telling this they may change the mechanic of Resonance to only work with opponent relics etc..

16. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

Thanks buddy!

17. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

The problem would more be with Nora Well as it itself generates the nora, which is under your control, but then has it count as nora generation for and by your opponent.

18. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

Slam and/or pull + hungry mire

Same concept as with the poisonous fumes but the enemy is ensnared if kept in AoE.

attio26 likes this.
  19. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

updated.

20. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Lay poison trap + flood.
    (Could be also put down as Marsh warden + flood)

Description: You lay a trap behind the enemy unit in the direction it will be knocked back, then walk away before you end turn so you dont take damage.