The US has declared war

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Chemical22, May 5, 2014.

1. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

So if I got this right...

[​IMG]

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Boozha does speak german, or Deutsch as they call it, I speak Nederlands, or Dutch as YOU call it.

So we are doing that... we speak german(ic)

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

wie gates

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

and then you run into the horror stories of people that are completely ignorant of slavery, who thought Abe Lincoln declared war on the south because he was an ******* (to paraphrase), and so on (there was a clip of this on the daily show (go figure) from a while back- can't find it right now)

i'm not saying progress hasn't been made, but the pushback is ridiculous. also the main problem to me, i guess, is that we're taught all of these things as they were in the past. by and large, that means that we talk about all these minority issues as though they're resolved, maybe without realizing it. then people start bringing them up and for a lot of folks the first response is "didn't that get fixed?"

i dunno. just a guess. from my experience it's certainly not taught the right way (and a variety of other things) consistently nationwide

also yeah, baskit was likely playing the part of the proud murkon. partly cause he finds it amusing, partly cause he doesn't give a Bane Shift if it bugs you.

would be my guess.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I've understood that part, the hard part is why the hell does he think its funny? People get amused by the weirdest things ...

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

if you can imagine it, someone else can fap to it, laugh at it, cry over it, or break something because of it.

that's just how people work.